Epilogue

Epilogue

~ Five years later ~

It's been five years since our little girl was born.

Today was our little Everette's fifth birthday and my little angel was somewhere with her dad while Bailey, Caroline, Maria and I all prepped my backyard for her birthday party.

"I can't believe our babies are already five." Maria squealed.

Maria had her son Finnick two months before I had Everette and we just sort of bonded over motherhood with Bailey and Caroline.

Caroline's daughter, Charlotte, was still four years old however since she was four months younger than Everette. Caroline also had another kid a year after, a son named Connor, with her mate Beau.

Maria's mate died the day of the war so she's been a single mother ever since. I could only imagine how much pain she was in throughout the years because I knew the pain she felt when she lost her mate, it was exactly what I felt when Thane died that day Jake attacked.

But I was lucky that Thane came back alive or else I didn't know what I would have done.

However that was in the past now. I've learned to forgive myself and come to terms with the fact that Jake was the person to blame for all of it.

Bailey also had another kid, Leigh, who only had a year. So she has three in total, Penelope, Samuel and Leigh

I on the other hand was expecting my second, now four months pregnant. Thane and I decided to slow down and catch our breaths after Everette was born since our first year was rushed.

But we both really wanted another since Ev was growing up.

Just as I had the tables laid out, everyone started to show up.

"Hey darling." Anne greeted me with a hug.

"Hi." I smiled at her and Carson who looked to be carrying a mountain load of gifts.

Carson and Thane have both been spoiling little Ev and while it was amusing to see them both wrapped around her finger, I wanted Ev to grow up humble and appreciative of the small things in life.

Thane's two brothers, who were now both thirteen, also showed up.

"Hey Emery!" They called over before heading straight for the dessert table. They too have been like protective brothers to Ev and it was the sweetest thing to see.

It was truly a tight knit family and I couldn't be happier.

After all the kids, Lucas and Beau showed up, I mind linked Thane to bring our birthday girl out.

In no time, I saw my little girl dressed in her yellow floral dress, running into the backyard with a huge grin on her face.

She bounded straight into my open arms, "Happy birthday sweetie!" I peppered her with kisses all over face and she shy-fully hid her face in my neck as she giggled.

"Thank you mommy." She kissed my cheek before running off to join the other kids.

Thane wrapped an arm around my shoulder as he watched our baby playing, "Can you believe she's already five years old?"

"I know it felt like just yesterday we were holding her all swaddled up in our arms." I smiled up at him.

He nodded and placed his hands on my growing stomach, "And how's my other little girl?"

"As fine as she was when you asked me this morning." I laughed.

That's right, we were officially having another girl after Adler confirmed her gender.