Part 35

"Oh, it's you again." Arlo scoffed, annoyance reeking from his aura.

The raven-haired male had often bumped into the king, whether it was to get his attention, or if he was just plain out angry.

Before Arlo even uttered another word, John motioned for them to go back into the empty classroom, which Arlo obliged to.

"What the hell do you want?" Arlo remarked angrily. "I don't have time for any more of your bullsh-t!"

Meanwhile, an orange-haired teen lingered out in the hallway nearby, unsure of whether or not to leave or stay longer.

John scoffed, pissed at what Arlo had spat out at him. Before John responded, he scowled at Isen, his glare almost penetrating him. "Gah! Okay," Isen yelped, putting his hands up in surrender. Isen shuddered as he ran off from the scene, frightened from what had just occurred.

"Psh, fine. Since you aren't responding, I guess that's my cue to leave," Arlo remarked.

"Don't you dare take another step!" John yelled out, glaring at the blonde. "The hell do you think you're going?"

"You weren't responding, and I don't have much time for your tantrums. But I guess we shouldn't linger any longer on such a useless thing," Arlo sighed. "What did you want to talk about?"

John rolled his eyes, sighing before he began to speak.

"Gah, this whole Turf War thing was a sh-tty idea! Why the hell would they host something like this?" He paused to dramatize his words. "Oh yeah, because those who are more powerful are above others. Because of your stupid fixation on this hierarchy," John puffed out, anger pouring out of him. Before Arlo had a chance to make a remark, John continued. "And now, everyone knows about my ability. All I wanted was to blend in! Everything was going the way I wanted until you tried forcing me back into the rankings. What good would that do?"

"Tch!" Arlo scoffed. "This hierarchy helps prevent all the students from running around like they own the place. It prevents low tiers attacking stronger students and ending up completely pummeled, which we then have to take care of," Arlo paused, trying to find the right words. "Why didn't you take action! You have all this power, which you kept to yourself. You should've sent an example for other students."

John a cold stare met Arlo's blue orbs in an attempt to intimidate him. "None of your business," he angrily spat out.

Arlo scrunched his eyebrows together in fury. "It actually is my business, as a matter of fact. As of right now, I am the current king. I need to set an example for others, and keep everything together."

"Oh, really Arlo? Again with this ranking crap? Who's really the one who wants the throne? Who's the one who wants to be a part of this sh-tty kingdom? That's you, not me! When will you get that through your head?" John yelled, grabbing Arlo by the collar. "I never wanted to be a part of your sh-tty kingdom! I let you keep your throne! I stayed out of your way!"

"You need to set an example for others! You have all this power, which you kept to yourself! Now that the whole school knows, you should lead! Why do you keep on ejecting yourself from the hierarchy? Stop whining like a child and take action! You're a high-tier! Act like one!" Arlo spat out, scolding him.

"Stop trying to push your ideals onto me! I defeated you, didn't I? You have a duty to listen to what I'm saying, yet you keep trying to make me take action! I want nothing to do with rankings, you should know that by now! Stop trying to push me into the hierarchy! I don't want anything to do with it!"

Arlo kept pushing him, itching to get a sufficient enough answer for him. "Why?" Arlo questioned. "Why do you keep all this power to yourself?"

John scoffed, rolling his eyes. "You really don't get it, do you? I know I'm not fit to rule. That's the whole reason I hid my power! But of course, you had to go out an expose me."