3; the birth

"I'm dedicating every day to you
Domestic life was never quite my style
When you smile, you knock me out, I fall apart
And I thought I was so smart."

    "I AM A GENUIS, SUGAR BEAR." Tony huffed in frustration as he fiddled with the tools by his side, eyeing the cot in front of him, before glancing at his life long friend. "I should be able to assemble a fucking crib."

"Easy Tones," Rhodey said holding up the directions. "We'll figure it out." Céilna let out a laugh, skin glowing as her eyes tracked the two who bantered back and forth.

"Something you'd like to share with the class, mmh?" Tony huffed glancing at the pregnant woman. She shook her head and chuckled. She leaned against the door, her hand protectively on her bump. The more she watched Tony, the more she was glad he'd agree to her crazy idea. Maybe he had some issues..okay, a lot of issues, but it was clear he was going to love this kid.

"You thought of names?" Rhodey asked, assembling the legs of the crib. Tony glanced at the woman in the doorway who nodded.

"We settled on Cindy," She said with a soft smile. "Meaning light."

"Cindy Anthea Stark." Tony told his friend who grinned.

"Mmh." Rhodey smiled, "After the goddess of wisdom? Who chose that?" Célina grinned to herself. Rhodey nodded, "She's definitely going to be something with the genes of you two." He told Célina who smiled and nodded. As much as Célina didn't want to be a mother, Tony didn't want to erase her from this process. He wasn't going to ignore that she was bringing the kid into the world.

"Cindy Anthea Stark," Rhodey said nodding. "That's a strong name." Tony smiled and nodded. He looked at the pregnant woman in the doorway who gave him a happy nod. She appreciated being included, even if she couldn't be a mother. She could tell that no matter what, that little girl was going to be loved. 

A pain seized up in her and  Célina hissed. Tony looked over to see her holding the bump in pain.

"You okay?" He asked, looking at her. She nodded pursing her lips. "Is that the first time this has happened today?" Célina shook her head.

"It's been happening every couple of hours since last night," Célina said. "The last one was an hour ago."

"Sounds like contractions," Rhodey said. "I think you're going into labor." Célina bit her lip. She knew that was very likely the case.

"Okay," Tony said, slowly standing up. "Let's just stay calm." Everyone nodded, Rhodey standing up as well. They were all calm, everything was going to be fine.

Until Célina doubled over again, hissing in pain.

"Shit," Tony said.