Chapter 1: First Day

"You have me. Until every star in the galaxy dies, you have me."

I groaned groggily as I threw my pillow at my alarm clock. It fell off my desk table and shattered into a million pieces. Alarm clocks, because every morning should begin with a heart attack. Great.

It wasn't long until my little sister came in my room, she is 5 years old. "Anna, mom said breakfast is ready, okay?" she said.

I smiled sweetly at my adorable little sister, "Okay sweetie, I'll be there in a minute."

Her name was Rhain, she has neck length black hair and beautiful green eyes. She was sporting  her cute little Dora pajamas. She quietly exited my room and I heard her tiny little feet go down the stairs. I lived with my mom, my dad, Rhain of course and my twin sister, Haylee. You could say our family is somewhat dysfunctional. Haylee and I are like best friends, I tell her everything. Like me, she also has blonde hair that's styled in a Bob haircut. She has green eyes just like me.

I told myself I was gonna take a 5 minute nap but when I woke up and looked at the clock, it was 8:34 am. An entire hour has passed.

"Fuck!" I cursed as I ran towards the bathroom. And then I have the audacity to wonder why I'm always late for school. After I finished brushing my teeth, I took a 2 minute shower. I ran a brush through my hair and put it in a high ponytail. I decided to apply a little makeup cause it was the first day and I didn't want to go over board. Either way, I prefer a more natural look. I ran over took my closet in my towel searching for something to wear.

After searching for what seemed like hours, I finally settled on wearing a high waisted shorts and a crop top that exposed my shoulder and my tummy a bit along with my converse. I'm breaking the dress code on the first day of school and I couldn't care less. I grabbed my bag, applied some lip gloss and I ran down the stairs.

"Thanks to you now we're late," I heard Haylee mumble under her breath, I rolled my eyes at her, she was wearing skinny jeans and a crop top similar to mine along with a pair of converse as well. I went over to mom and dad as I kissed their cheeks. "Why didn't anyone wake me up?"

"Good morning mom and dad, how are you this morning?" My mom mocked me.

"I'm sorry, good morning guys. I overslept and now we're late for school." I crossed my arms.

They both answered in unison "Good morning honey." I sat down and took a bite of my toast.

I saw Rhain with a frown on her face so I asked "What's wrong Rhain?" She stood up and crossed her arms over her chest.

"You didn't kiss me good morning." She was just too cute, I went over there and pulled her in my lap and smothered her face with kisses repeating 'Good morning' over and over.

"Okayy, okay stop." She pleaded while wiping away my kisses.

I showed fake hurt, "Don't you like my kisses?" She just laughed and got off my lap and went for her book bag. Mom and I exchanged confused looks and dad just shook his head, trying to stifle his laughter.

It wasn't until I heard a beep outside that I snapped out of it. My best friend, Kristen, was here. It was a tradition for all of us to ride together on the first day of school, even though Haylee and I had a car we both shared.

I looked over to Haylee, "You ready?" I asked her.

"Ready as I'll ever be." she replied sarcastically. She was never a morning person though she was always miserable in the mornings.

As I went outside the fresh cold breeze implanted goose bumps on my skin almost immediately.

We went in the BMW our best friend owned. "Good morning guys! I woke up a bit late and I decided it makes no sense to be hungry and late so I got some food on the way here." Kristen chirped happily. I just smiled at her while Haylee glared in return.

"We're seniors bitchess!" she screamed as she pulled out of our driveway.

Kristen was pretty, gorgeous even. She had brunette hair and chocolate brown eyes.

As we pulled into school, the parking was almost full. We actually got to school just in time because Kristen basically sped to school. Not that I'm complaining, at least I'm not all that late.

Haylee became her normal self again and started talking to Kristen about some Tv show called 'Degrassi'. We heard some mutters and everyone's head turned effortlessly to the car speeding into the parking lot.

'Cocky much?' my subconscious said.

We all watched until it stopped , and a girl stepped out and a guy from the other side. The girl looked like a goddess. She had an edgy vibe to her. She had on a black T-shirt that said 'FORK YOU' in bold. She paired this with a leather jacket, skinny jeans and combat boots. She had on a black beanie too, covering most of her brunette hair that threatened to show. This girl was dressed in full black. Dark much? She walked with so much confidence. The boy just had on a pair of blue jeans and a similar T-shirt that said "NO, FORK ME."

It looked like they noticed all the attention they were receiving because the guy goofily waved to some of the people and the girl rolled her eyes but not before briefly connecting with mine. I looked away quickly and pulled Kristen and Haylee towards the entrance of the school.

They were obviously new, because we haven't seen them before.