Chapter 20- Scotty's In Love

Sawyer's POV:

"So, do you need to stay away from Allison for a few days, or like forever?", I asked with concern about one of my closest friends, dropping the lacrosse stick we previously used onto the pile we got it from.

"Yeah, the whole 'women make you weak' thing is a little too spartan warrior for my taste.", Stiles added on.

Scott reassured us, "It's probably just part of the learning process." I pretended not to hear him say "I hope." under his breath, as if still trying to convince himself more than us.

"Have you seen Derek? I mean, that guy is totally alone.", I let our a soft chuckle at Stiles's comment.

A look of panic washed over Scott's features, "What if I can't ever be around her again?!"

"If you're not dead, that could be a good thing.", Stiles shrugged, earning a slap in the back of the head from me.

"Don't worry Scott, you probably just have to learn control. Then, you can frolic with Allison through all of the meadow you want.", I soothed, throwing Stiles a playful glare. "Now let's get out of here, it smells." I scrunched up my nose at the smell of dirty socks, sweaty lacrosse gear, and moldy cheese. Don't even ask why it smelled like moldy cheese.

Stiles rolled his eyes, "Really? It smells in the locker room? That makes no sense at all."

"Shut up, I have to to meet up with Allison. Bye guys!", I called, rushing out to go find the brown haired girl. "Hey Allie!"

"Oh, hi, can I ask you something?", she spoke quietly. I gave her a nod. "Does Scott hate me?"

"No, of course not! He's just going through a rough patch right now.", I bit my lip awkwardly. "So what were you saying earlier about your family's history?"

"What are you reading?", a voice snapped me and Allison out of our conversation about the history project we have, which I still didn't have a topic for.

I looked to briefly meet the person's eyes, but diverted them away as soon as I saw who it was, "Oh hi, Jackson."

"Just some stuff for a history project.", Allison smiled brightly.

I snorted, "She's obsessed with it, she's been talking about it all day."

"Says the girl who doesn't know what she's writing about yet!", she teased, sticking out her tongue.

"So, uh, do you guys have a free period?", he scratched the back of his neck.

"Nope, we just didn't feel like sitting through chem.", I smirked, but Allison looked like she was going to suffocate on the awkward and die, so being the good friend I am, I stepped in. "Was there something you needed, Jackson?"

"Actually I wanted to talk. I realized that I've been a jerk to you and your friends, especially Scott, and I wanted to say that I'm sorry.", he told us, making both of us quirk an eyebrow in response. "I'm being serious!"

Allison crossed her arms over her chest, "I believe you're being serious, but I don't think you're being sincere."

His jaw ticked at her sassiness, "Do you know what it's like to be the star of the team, to have everyone chanting your name, and some kid comes along and everyone starts looking at him instead of you?" He looked between our blank expressions, "I didn't think so, it feels like something's been stolen from you."

"Have you ever heard 'there is no I in team'?", I raised my eyebrows as high as I could.

"Well, there's a me in team." I scoffed, typical Jackson. "That was a joke...gosh you really must hate me."

"I really do.", I retorted at the same time Allison said "Not at all.", glaring at each other's responses.

"I'm not a bad guy, I mean I make stupid mistakes, but I'm not bad. I really like you, Sawyer.", he sighed, exasperated, looking me straight in the eyes, which made my pair of chocolate brown ones to go wide, but he quickly recovered. "I-I mean you too, Allison, and Scott."

"What about Stiles?", I asked.

"Who? Anyways I want to get to know you better.", he made eye contact with me again, placing hand on my cheek, making me squirm a little.

Luckily, I was saved.

"Uh Sawyer, we need to go, like now.", Stiles said breathlessly. "And Jackson, if I see you touching Sawyer again, I'm chopping your hand off in shop class, okay? Okay, see you guys later."

"What was that?", I squinted as he dragged my across the hall to Scott.

"He touched you.", Stiles shrugged. "But anyways, it's Allison."

"What do you mean it's Allison?"

"I'd like to know too.", Scott threw his hands in the air.

"Well you said you were thinking about protecting her on the first full moon, at the lacrosse game her voice brought you back, and you didn't try to kill her in the locker room. She brings you back is what I'm trying to say."

"But every time I'm touching her or kissing her I-"

"No that's different, when you're doing that, you're just another hormonal teenage boy thinking about sex.", Stiles cut him off.

I glanced at Scott's distant look, "You're thinking about it right now, aren't you?"

"Yeah, sorry.", he blushed. "Stiles?"
The dork snapped out of his trance, "See, he was thinking about it too! Just with y-"

"MOVING ON!", Stiles shrieked, covering Scott's mouth. "I think Allison gives you control, kind of like an anchor."

"You mean because I love her?" I silently cooed at Scott's love struck expression. "Did I just say that?"

"Yep.", I grinned with amusement.

"I'm in love."

Stiles gave him a thumbs up, "That's great. Now if we get back to the matter at hand-"

"No, I mean I am totally in love with her."

"That's beautiful, but before you go off and write a sonnet can we figure this out?!"

"Come on Stiles, don't be such a Debbie downer. Your your best friend Scotty's in love!", I mused.

"Well he can't be around her all the time! Wait a minute."

"Oh no, he's getting an idea.", I groaned.

"Is it going to get me in trouble?", Scott nervously asked, getting a devilish nod from Stiles. "Is it going to cause me physical pain?"

"Oh yeah, definitely."