INTRODUCTION

Scarlet Witch

Scarlet Witch

[Wanda Maximoff x Logan Howlett]

Description

Born with incredible powers that she struggles to control, Wanda's life takes a tragic turn when she loses her parents at a young age during an attack orchestrated by Baron von Strucker. Finally free from her years of torture and experimentation at the hands of extremists, Wanda and her twin brother Pietro find themselves embroiled in a world of chaos and uncertainty. With their powers growing and their bond as siblings strengthening, they navigate a path fraught with danger and betrayal. But just as they begin to find semblance of stability, tragedy strikes again, tearing them apart and plunging Wanda into a darkness from which she may never fully emerge.

Powers + Abilities

Wanda Maximoff is an omega level mutant with the ability to alter reality to her will. She was born with the power of telekinesis and telepathy, which later manifested as probability manipulation post experimentation by a scientist named Von Strucker. She has the ability to fire hex bolts that are limited to her line of sight. She can use her hexes to light flammable objects, contain or remove air from a particular volume, deflect objects, stop the momentum of projectiles, explode objects, create force fields and deflect magical attacks, the strength of which, depends on her physical state. Her hexes can break through, and destroy supposedly unbreakable material such as vibranium and adamantium as it cannot repel magic. 

Wanda has acquired an array of psionic abilities that manifest themselves as reddish, glowing energy currents and mist-like shapes from her hands. When using her telepathic abilities, Maximoff's irises glow a dark red color. When using her telekinetic abilities, her irises glow a bright red color. Maximoff can read minds, communicate telepathically, and experience the memories and thoughts of others. She can also project her own thoughts through the neuro-electric interface that is the basis for her telepathy. This power can be hypnotic in nature and can also include, mental manipulation and emotional manipulation.

Due to her telekinesis, Wanda is able to use her abilities to move through the air and simulate flight. The use of this power manifests as a blast of psionic energy expelled from her hands onto the ground to propel herself up in the air, with a second blast used to slow her momentum as she approaches ground allowing her to land safely.

Wanda is able to hide in plain sight, masking her thick Eastern European accent with an American one after she had escaped experimentation alongside her brother. She developed a fighting style in which she would infuse her psionic energy into her hands to greatly enhance her hand-to-hand combat skills and allow her to parry attacks from bladed weapons without suffering any harm due to her psionic energy protecting her hands from damage. Maximoff is multilingual and is fluent in English, Sokovian, Romani, Symkarian, Russian and German.