Torment not my heart

Nessa walked in her chambers, knowing that her Fay would soon come to her. She took off her day gown, slipped into a sleeping gown that was of light material, walked over to the bed, and sat on it. She knew it was only a matter of time before Hawk would appear.

Hawk slammed his body against the stone wall outside the window ledge of Nessa's chamber, and tried to calm his beating heart. Hawk wanted to convince himself to leave, and never come back, but he could not do it. He wanted to confront her, and find out why it was so easy for her to move on with her life, as if he didn't exist. Didn't she love or care for him, even the tiniest bit?

Unable to keep himself away a second longer, Hawk zapped himself inside Nessa's room, and found her sitting on her bed. He did everything he could to harden his heart, to keep himself from hurting, but it was impossible for him to do so. When he looked into her violet eyes, his heart melted, and he almost pulled her into his strong arms, having missed her immensely.

Nessa looked up at his handsome chiseled face, and her heart hammered agains her chest. She still loved him, of that she had no doubt, and she held her breath waiting to hear what he had to say to her.

"You said you love me, but you threw yourself in another mans arms as soon as I turned my back!" His voice was deep and hoarse.

"You told me that you don't love me, what did you expect me to do?" She asked in a trembling voice, wanting to throw herself at him, but would not dare to.

"You could have waited a few months more, before you threw yourself at the Druid!" He told her, and Nessa thought she detected a hint of pain in his voice.

"Why would I wait? You told me that you did not love me anymore. Neil wants to marry me, he loves me, and I see no reason why I should have to wait." Her words were daggers that dug deep into his heart.

Hawk wanted to beg her to come away with him, he wanted to claim her his, but dared not, because he wasn't sure what she felt for him anymore.

"You said you love me, was your love for me so little, that you replaced me so soon with another?" He said in a broken voice, unable to hide his feelings anymore.

Nessa Wanted badly to throw herself against his muscled chest, and tell him that she loved him, but she could not forget what he had said to her the last time they were together.

"I love Neil, and I am going to marry him!" She said, and she watched his face for traces of regrets.

Hawk turned his heart to stone, he waited too long, he thought, feeling hopeless and destroyed, he could not help but throw cold words at her, just to ease his pain and suffering.

"I wish you much happiness in your new life Nessa, now that I know that you have moved on, I can release the guilt that I feel in my heart, and move on. I too have found someone to share my life with, and am eager to return to her." He lied.

It would have been easier if he had taken a spear and aimed it at her heart, because taking her life would have been less hurtful.

At that moment Neil opened the door to her room, and stepped inside. Closing the door behind him, the Druid walked to where she sat, and threw her a warm smile. From the corner of her eyes she saw the Fay watching them, and she wanted to make him jealous.

"Come here Neil," she said, patting the mattress next to her. Hesitating but a second, the Druid walked over to the bed, and sat next to her. Nessa wasted no time throwing herself at him, and she kissed him tenderly, knowing that the Fay was still there watching them, and wanting to hurt him, as he had hurt her.

How was she to know that at that second, the door would open, and Lanie, who wanted to confess to her sister that she was in love with Neil, would walk in and catch them in action.

Lanie stifled a cry, when she saw her sister in the arms of the man she was in love with, and turned around and ran out of the room as fast as her feet could take her.

Hawks heart twisted with pain, and he zapped himself back to the grey mountain to mourn the loss of his heart.

Neil and Nessa were to stunned to talk, as they looked at the open door that Lanie had run out of.

Thank you for your votes and comments. Xoxxoxxoxoxo