46

"Have you heard of Park Hae Won?... the new wife of Kim Taehyung!"

"I heard she's a... though, she slept with... everyday!"

"Yo, really?"

"Why the hell would Taehyung... that's so...!"

Incoherent, muffled speeches fill my ears as I step closer to the classroom door

I couldn't find Taehyung, I might as well just leave him alone to calm down. Sometimes having alone time is the best medicine. At least that's what Seokjin told me.

But I don't want to enter the classroom either. What the hell do I do now?

Jinyoung POV

I notice her anxious behaviour. Of course I do. It was too obvious, she doesn't know how to hide emotions well either.

She calms down when someone holds her hand, but I won't do that. And it'll be adding fuel to the flame anyway. So, I just push her forward lightly with a small smile on my face. I'm not a smiley guy, but whatever it takes to make her less nervous will do.

Don't get me wrong, I don't like her that way. It just slightly frustrates me when I see someone I know well in distress.

"Let's go," I slide open the door.

The ruckus stops immediately. 

"Shut up!" Someone says.

"OH SHi- hahahaha, so what did you have for dinner today?" Another laughs sheepishly.

"ITS HER! WH-"

"SHHHH!!"

"This is so stupid.." I hear Hae Won mutter under her breath as she looks at her classmates emotionlessly. "Continue talking, I won't mind. I'll leave if it makes you any more comfortable. Bye." She says, staring at all of them, her voice completely monotonous.

Hae Won walks past me and slides the door closed on her way out while I just stand and stare at her leave. I look at the once again gossiping students. And then remember their faces.

Hwang Yeongmin, Baek Sungwoo, Seo Yoona, Choi Ra-on... okay...

sure.

-

Hae Won POV

I walk out of the classroom, but run immediately when I think I'm out of sight. I run to the rooftop, the loneliest place in school. Ah, the most cliche area to film a drama or anime. Whatever, I need some alone time too, so might as well-

wait. Doesn't that mean Taehyung might be up here too?

"Taehyung?" I shout.

A head pops up suddenly from behind a small wall.

"What are you doing here?" He asks me.

"Nothing much. Just chilling." I answer. 

A wind blows past, It was a chilly day.

Taehyung hums as he acknowledges my answer. 

"How you feeling? Better?" I ask him.

"Yeah. Small issue." He whispers.

"How about you?" Taehyung says and looks at me as I saunter towards him, my hands behind my back.

"Okay."

"No you're not. I heard the rumours. How are you really feeling?"

"Pissed."

Taehyung hums again.

"You don't believe in them, right?" A weak smile appears as I turn to look at him, our back leaning against the wall while he stares at the sunrise.

"I only believe in what I see."

"So you don't believe in them."

"I don't, yeah."

"Good." I look at my fingers.

"Today's a crappy day." He suddenly sighs exaggeratedly.

"I know."

And then he swings his arms around me and pulls me into a hug.

"I have power."

"Huh?"

"I mean, I have the authority to make everyone shut up."

"The rumours will end soon. Covering it up will make it more suspicious. If no one entertains the rumours, they won't continue."

Taehyung looks at me briefly and looks away again.

"You're strong. Emotionally." He mumbles with a small laugh.

"I know."

"But you're still weak."

"Huh?"

"Don't force yourself too much."

"..."

"Sometimes even the most perfect human has flaws. Yeah, you're capable. But if you can't take it anymore, leave it to me."

"I'll try."

Taehyung stares at me for a longer period of time, and I smirk childishly at him.

He holds my chin gently with his thumb and index finger and pulls me towards him lightly.

"Rely on me, okay?" He says, 

as his familiar lips touches mine.