34.

Clary POV:

Thud!

I slowly cracked my eyes open.

Where the fuck am I? And why does my neck feels like it has been run over by a truck?

"Fuck I forgot you were here" and everything came crashing back, "what are you doing on my chair?"

"Sleeping. Until I was rudely interrupted," I stretched my arms while he gave me a bizarre look, "you didn't think That I would sleep on the floor did you?"

"Yes that's exactly what I told you to do, now get the fuck off my chair," well someone is extra cranky.

"You need a chill pill, like seriously you expect everyone to do whatever you please," I got off his stupid ass expensive chair.

"Yes," his voice was low, "The truth is what I make it. I could set this world on fire and call it rain," he took a step closer, "and no one would dare question it."

My eyes caught the small yet sharp blade in his hand, which was covered in blood.

I hope he was just helping the kitchen staff with cutting meat.

"Oh and let me guess," I deepened my voice, "you'll eliminate anyone and anything in your way to become the ruler of all mighty earth!"

"Cucciolo... I would sup with the devil if he would show me how to achieve my earthly goals." His face. His eyes. They were void of emotions in an unhuman way.

I turned my head to face him. I hadn't judged correctly how close our faces were and nearly kissed him, "I think you need god."

"I don't think he likes me very much. I only work out my penance between the legs of the damned."

"I see you've created your own religion,then , bravo."

" I can create anything I want and my employees will follow it. I can do whatever I want and nobody will stop me. It's a great life."

"Do you think you're a king?"

"I don't think I am a king, I know I'm a king," I followed him with my eyes as he limped to the other side of the table.
"You're the daughter of Nicasia and Salvatore, correct?"

I frowned at the two foreign names. I forget a lot of shit, but not that type of shit, "umm no I never heard of those two" he narrowed his dark eyes at me trying to spot a lie, but for the first time I wasn't lying.

"What's your parents name then?" I was hesitant to respond. I though about running for the exit, and I also thought about going for the knife in his hand, but I decided against it since he will most probably catch me before I make it down the hall even with a limping leg.

"Eric...is that blood?" I decided to change the subject to the dark spot of blood on his thigh. No wonder he was limping.

"Yes." He said with harsh tone.

"Well, is it yours?" I asked him as the spot of blood got bigger by every second.

"Yes."

"What happened?" I didn't expect him to answer me I'm just hoping that he forgets the question about my parents.

"Was running over someone and the motherfucker got a shot at me before I cracked his skull." A smirk started forming on his face as he caught my horrified glance.

"W-What..." I tried to compose my self, but it came out as a whisper.

"I was torturing someone and decided to have some fun since I was horny and everyone was asleep so I let him run while I run him over by a truck...you know what a truck is right?" He looked at me as if asking where did I spend my last summer, "anyway back to the topic. Before I got into the truck that bitch thought he could just choke one of guards to death and take his dagger stab me and get away with it," he sat on his leather chair and started swinging his blade in the air and I followed the blade movement every time he threw it in the air.

"So normally, I took out my gun and shot him in both kneecaps and let him crawl till the gates with both kneecaps ozzing out, definitely not the prettiest thing I've seen," He cringed, "atlas I got into the truck and ran him over cracking his skull open just right there," he pointed to the window behind his chair.

Someone got chocked to death and another got his kneecaps shot and ran over by a truck.

While I was sleeping.

In their murderer office.

"Ayy there cucciolo. You still with me?" He snapped his fingers in front of me.

The only thing I could do is just nod my head. He just killed someone like it was nothing.

"What did you do with their bodies?"
REALLY? THAT'S THE FIRST THING THAT COMES TO MY MIND?!

I mentally face palmed my self. This couldn't get any better.

"Dropped both of there bodies at the chasam," he rolled his shoulder as if it's nothing.
To him apparently it's nothing.

"You just tortured someone and ran him over by your truck," I gulped hard thanking my vocal cords that it's didn't came out shaky.

"Oh no I would never!" He stood up smiling like an amity with overdosed happy pills, "I used Lucien truck. Why on earth would I get blood all over my truck it costs more than your life," he chuckled and I just stood there frozen.

"So..did you finish your task?" He leaned on his elbows.

"Yes," I can't even find my voice with his eyes staring at me. "Can I go now?"

He motioned to me to leave and I headed to the door without thinking. "Eric?"

"Hmm?"

"What does cucciolo mean?" I held the door knob tightly.

He just smiled not answering my question.
Great.

"Okay! At least tell me what language is it?"

"Italian," okay that's totally not what I expected.

"Why do you know Italian?" I frowned it's considered a dead language no one use it. No one use any other language. Chicago is the only place that survived the war thousands of years ago and English was the only language everyone speaks.

"If I told you I'll have to hire someone to clean your blood off my carpet and to be honest I like you but I like my carpet more."

"O-Okay."

"Oh and stiff," great he's back with the "stiff" nickname. "What happens in the office stays in the office, if any information got out....I'll fuck your mouth shut."

"Kay."

——————___________———————

Ayooo people I finally dropped a new chapter!!
Heads up real shit about to go down.
Comment down below why do you think Eric speaks Italian!

Jasmine 🥀