Chapter 19

Waking up was an experience to say the least.

The spot where my shoulder and neck feel like someone laid a ton of bricks onto it while I fell asleep. Reaching up to ouch the spot caused a jolt of energy to fly through my limbs, lighting every nerve on fire. Quickly removing my fingers from my neck I had to figure out the reason I couldn't sit up.

A large arm was circled around my waist. Okay check! Lucas has his arms wrapped around me. Now all I have to do is figure out how to get up without waking him. Shouldn't be too hard.

Right?

Wrong.

This guy has arms made of steel! How am I supposed to get up when I can barely turn on my side?

Prying his arms off of me won't work because I am nowhere near strong enough. His arms are laced with muscle and I know that will make him wake up.

If you kiss him he will probably relax enough to get up...

Alright Kenna. Whatever you say. I hope this works.

Turning to face Lucas was one of the hardest things I have ever had to accomplish.

Now laying on my left side I am face to chest with a glorious sight of Lucas muscles. I could probably stare at this man's chest for hours on end, memorizing the outline of each muscle of his chest and stomach.

Quit drooling and get back to your "mission" dork.

Right. By the way I wasn't drooling thank you very much.

Tilting my head upward I lightly kiss the line of his jaw. Pressing feather light kisses along the planes of his face I forget what I was trying to accomplish.

I barely place my lips onto his when I'm rolled onto my back with Lucas laying ontop of me, kissing me back with full force.

Pulling away for air Lucas breaks the silence that had filled the room moments before.

"That's the best way to wake up in the morning."

"Sh-shut up."

All I receive is a light chuckle from Lucas who is still keeping me trapped underneath him.

Lowering himself down Lucas captures my lips in a small kiss full of tenderness.

"Good morning Aud."

"Good morning Lucas."

We just stare at each other, lost in the others eyes. That is until Lucas moves his eyes to my shoulder/neck.

"My mark looks good on you princess. Have you seen it?"

"No I haven't looked at it! I've been held hostage under your tree trunk arms! Now I'm stuck underneath you!"

A smirk makes its way on Lucas lips with a mischievous glint in his eyes.

"I like you under me princess."

It takes a moment for his words to register in my mind.

"Lucas!"

One hard slap to the chest and a deep chuckle later Lucas rolls off of me, allowing me to run to the bathroom to look at my new tattoo like mark.