21; Melancholy

I was locked in the cell next to Loki's soon after. There was a chair and table just like in his, but I didn't use them. I sat in the corner back on to Loki so I didn't have to look at him anymore. I pulled my knees to my chest, and without thinking, I began to cry.

"Why are you crying?" Loki asked.

I didn't turn around. I didn't want to talk to him anymore. I just wanted to go home. Where was Dad? Was he even looking for me?

"We were close; you and I." He said. I sniffed and raised my head. "You called me Uncle Loki. We had a lot of fun times together."

"I don't remember." I reminded him.

"Would you like me to show you?"

"You have more of those holograms?"

He chuckled. "Yes."

I turned my body slightly, but stayed seated in the corner. He took this as a yes and reached into his pocket, taking the same little machine out once again. He pressed a button and another hologram vision thingy popped up. It was Loki, and... me.

We were wearing the same clothes, and some weird antle things on our heads

We were wearing the same clothes, and some weird antle things on our heads. It was so weird to see myself there, as a child, with him. I didn't remember any of it.

"This was our last day together." He sighed, staring at the hologram. "We were on our way to your mothers cell, the day she took you to Earth."

"Were you sad?" I don't know why I asked that, it came out before I had the chance to think.

"Yes... it was very melancholy day for me. I didn't know if I was ever going to see you again."

I was so confused. I didn't know how to feel, sad for him, or angry that he had kidnaped me after finally giving me up.

"Why are you in a cell anyways?" I asked randomly.

"I was brought here after our little encounter, remember?"

"Then why do they listen to you?" I motioned toward the guard standing close by.

"Another power you will soon learn, I can make them do whatever I please."

"Mind control?" I asked. He nodded.

"Why are you trying to take over the world?"

"Why do you ask so many questions?"

I looked at my hands in embarrassment.

"My brother, you may know him." He started.

"Thor,"

"Yes. He has what I want, what I deserve. I am a God, everybody needs to realize that. And I will rule your pathetic planet whether they want it or not."

"No you won't." I realized how bratty I was now acting, but I didn't care. He was being annoying. "Why don't you use your powers for good things? Why do you have to be bad?"

"Because nobody listens otherwise! Niceness gets you nowhere in this cruel world." He was getting angry. "You'll see, they'll all see. When I finally get out of here all of you will bow down to—"

He was cut off by the far wall exploding open. I jumped up and pressed my hands on the glass of the cell, breathing deeply. It had to be Dad, I just knew it.

"Dad!" I screamed. "Dad is that you?!"

"Get them!" Loki yelled at the guard, who wasted no time approaching the giant dust cloud.

Hulk emerged from it and grabbed the guard, smashing him into the wall, which left a dent and left him falling to the floor. I looked back to the cloud which was subsiding now and saw the rest of the Avengers walk in, except Peter, I guess he was in school back home. Dad looked toward me and relief flashed across his face. We both smiled.

"Stand back!" He yelled. You didn't have to tell me twice, I ran to the back of the cell and put my hands over my ears.

Dad held up his hand and it glowed before the glass shattered and fell to the floor. I ran toward him and jumped into his arms, putting my face deep into the crook of his neck. I opened my eyes long enough to make eye contact with Thor, who looked from Loki, to me. Neither of us had to speak, we both knew what each of us were thinking. I lifted my head and looked into Dad's eyes.

"Did you know?" I almost whispered.

"Know?" He asked. "Know what?"

I scrunched my eyebrows together and laid my head black on his shoulder. I'd talk to him about this later, right now I just wanted to get the hell out of here.