Chapter 43

Liana

I played with the necklace as we were driving home. We stayed a little after 9:30 pm after watching fireworks. I had lots of fun and this have to be one of my favourite dates with Oliver. He always surprise me with his romantic gesture.

"We are staying at the Richmond house?" He asked.

"Am I moving there?" I joke.

"Why not?" He asked.

"I still am thinking about Mia."

"You should discuss with Mia if it bothers you." He said.

"Fine." I said.

As we were driving home, he kept looking at the rear view mirror and the side mirror.

"Is everything okay?" I asked.

"Everything is fine." He said giving me a forced smile. "You want some ice-cream? We will stop at the drive thru."

"Sure?" I asked surprised by the sudden change in Oliver's mood.

After ordering in the drive thru of McDonald, I saw him text something and looked at the mirror and I looked behind.

"What is going on?" I asked. I was completely lost.

"Everything is fine, baby." He reassured me with a kiss on my hand.

"Why are you behaving weird?"

"Really? What? When?" He asked pretending with a surprise gasp and I laughed. When we collected our ice cream, he speed up as quickly as possible as if he was escaping from something?

"I am not a big fan of ice cream." He tells me, "You can have mine."

"Then why did you buy?"

He smiled and did not say anything. He was cautious and moved the car fast. When we reached home, he told me he will meet me back in the room and disappear somewhere with Jamie. Oliver looked worried and tensed.

I took a shower at Oliver's room and borrowed his shirt and boxer. I noticed that some women's clothing and accessories was filled on one side of his large walk in closet.

"That was fast." I thought to myself.

When I came out after drying my hair, Oliver was still not back and I wander around the house looking for him. I went down stairs to look for him.

"Hi, did you see Oliver anywhere?" I asked a woman, who was working till now.

"He is in the office with Jamie."

"Where is his office?" I asked sheepishly.

"Upstairs, to your right. A large Mahogany door."

I thanked her and moved back upstairs and stood outside the door, it was shut and I couldn't hear anything from in there. I knocked and peeped inside.

Oliver stopped talking to Jamie and looked at me. "hey baby." He said and give Jamie some look I did not understand. "What brings you here?"

"You were not back?" I said. "Are you busy?"

"I have something to finish off, would you mind waiting in our bedroom? I will be back soon."

"Sure." I said as I waved at Jamie and then shut the door behind me. Oliver was definitely acting pretty strange. As I head back to our room, I decided to explore the house. I found the library which was downstairs and it was two story. There was stairs leading to another floor filled with books. The library was surrounded by glasses and high ceilings of glass, I was impressed by the design. The lights turned on as I walked in, the seatings look very comfortable and I wonder if Oliver used this space before. As soon as I stepped out from the library, I saw Oliver going around with some security.

"Is everything okay?" I called out and saw Oliver sighed in relief and dismissed the security.

"Next time, can you just tell someone where you went?"

"I was exploring." I said.

He pulled me close and hugged me tightly.

"Is everything fine?" I asked.

"Let's be cautious for sometime." He said and I moved back.

"About what?"

"We were been followed."

"By who?" I frowned. "You should have told me that time

"I did not want to make you feel like you are in a bad situation.We are trying to figure out too." He explained. "Make sure you are always with me or someone who is trained for."

I nodded my head. "Will you be alright?"

"Always" he said kissing my forehead. "Did you like the library? Was it what you were thinking?"

"The outside look beautiful." I spoke about the plants and trees right outside the library glass door.

He pecked my lip this time and said, "I love the space too."

"Should we head back?" I asked.

"Definitely, I need a shower and hey, look at you, you look nice wearing my clothes."

"I stole yours, hope you don't mind." I said apologizing.

"What is mine is all yours, you don't have to ask." He said as he took my hand to lead us back upstairs.

"Are we telling anyone else about today? You spoke to Jamie about it?" I asked.

"Jason and Grayson knows it too. I texted them, we just have to be cautious because we don't know who it is." He said with a grim face.

I poke the place where I knew his dimple were, "smile, please."

And he smiled. "YOU GOT SUCH A CUTE DIMPLE." I squealed and he threw his head back to laugh.

"You make my days brighter." He said and sighed.

"Just brighter? I thought I make your days." I said as took hold of his hand and walked towards the stairs. I swing out arms and he said.

"Look at you!I think I am a good influencer." He said proudly.

"Sure, whatever makes you happy."

While he was on the shower, I looked at the necklace again and beamed at the shiny material. It was wonderful. The heart was made with red gem and the crown was made with gold and diamond. It is the most expensive gift I have ever got and I thought about what gift to give to Oliver. As I looked through the many custom made store in Seattle, Oliver called for me.

"Baby, are you there?" He asked as he walked out in his black sweat pant, water dripping down from his hair to his abs and he looked so drool worthy. I think Oliver knows how he make me feel by walking out like that because his smirk says it all.

Author's Note: Thank you for reading this book, please give it a Vote and a share, thank you for 6k reads! There will be a bonus Update later today. Your support towards "Beautiful You" And "Beautiful Us" has been incredible. Please share our books with others. Thank you so much!! ❤️