(3): The Rules

"Kyle! Are you home?"

I don't know what game I'm playing but here I am at our apartment screaming for Kyle. I want to know if he's home or not. I just got here from Noah's dorm feeling lonelier than ever. Maybe I want someone to talk to even though if I am being realistic, I don't think Kyle cares about my life.

"Jeez. What are you screaming for, you freak?" He asks walking out of his bedroom in a hoodie and sweatpants "What do you want?"

"Uhm, I just wanted to see if you were home or not" I mutter embarrassed before remembering something "Wait, did you call me a freak?"

"Does it matter?" He deadpans.

"Yes cause I'm not a freak" I defend crossing my arms "I'm very normal"

He rolls his eyes pushing past me "Whatever"

He walks to the kitchen and like a moth drawn to a flame, I follow him but I don't think he notices. He opens the fridge taking out a juice carton and drinks straight from it.

"That's a very bad habit, you know" I tell him.

He looks behind to see me watching him and shakes his head "Jesus, can I get some space? This is my house"

"I know, I'm just saying"

"Okay, I think we need to establish a few rules around here" He announced putting the juice back and looking at me sternly.

"Rules? What is this? Middle school?"

"Ha-ha" He deadpans dryly "Rule number 1: I'm not you friend. Never will he either"

"I didn't say you wer-"

"Shut up and let me finish" He snaps and I roll my eyes but comply "2: Don't talk to me unless I talk to you"

"Seriously?" I mutter under my breath.

He narrows his eyes at me and I shut up again "3: No surprise visitors or anything like that. You must first get permission from me"

Permission? Oh wow.

"4: If you see different girls around here, mind your own business"

Player much?

"5: We don't share anything except furnisher and shit. You get your own groceries and make your own food and I'll do the same"

"Is that all, sir?"

He rolls his eyes "Yes, that's all, darling"

"You're a piece of work" I note after digesting all his ridiculous rules.

"If you don't like it, you're more than welcome to find another place. I, for one, would be very happy with that" He fake smiles and I return the fake smile. I do, however, wish I could see his real one. I bet it's beautiful.

"No no, I think I'll stay"

"Whatever" He says walking away "I'm going back to my room. Don't scream my name again"

"Bye" I wave.

He just shakes his head but I swear I heard him mutter a "Unless I'm fucking it out of you"

Well then.

***

"What do you mean he's a giant dick? He's hot" Kat screeches with star struck eyes "Do you know how many girls would kill to be in your position?"

"Do I care?" I mutter walking slower so she can catch up "I guess I should just be grateful I got a place and not dwell on the negative"

"Yeah, I don't think Kyle Chambers and the word negative could ever go in the same sentence" She says thoughtfully.