Bloodlines

"You kept your promise." I say as I wake up.
   "Yeah, couldn't go and leave you." He tells me and I lean up and kiss him.
   "I don't want to leave this bed. I want to stay here with you all day." I tell him and snuggle closer into him.
   "As amazing as that sounds, we have to leave in 45 minutes." He tells me.
   "Ugh, okay. I'm gonna hop in the shower." I tell him and sit up. I grab the sheet and wrap it around my body. I lean back and give him a kiss. "Do you want me to steal some of Jer's clothes for you or do you want to stop by your house on the wya to school?" I ask him.
   "Actually, why don't I run home and I will meet you at school?" He offers.
   "Okay, yeah. I'll see you there."  I say and turn back to the bathroom. I get in the shower and quickly wash my body and my hair. I get out and change into my ombré jeans,a white crop top, and some black pumps.(Picture in media)
"Jer! If you want a ride, I'm leaving in 10 minutes!" I yell into the hallway.
"Okay, I'll be in the car!" He yells up the stairs. I brush out my hair and grab my back pack. I run down the stairs and then to the kitchen. I make myself a travel mug of coffee. I make a second one the way Jo likes her's. I was going to see if she wants to hang out after school. I grab my keys off the hook and go out to the car.

▫️▫️▫️

Jeremy and I are walking through the parking lot when he calls out to Mr. Saltzman who is looking through his card for something.
"Hey, Jeremy. Hey, Phoebe. I- uh-- can't find my ring. I took it off for the gym and I thought I put it-- there it is." He tells us picking up the ring and getting out of the car. "Losing family heirlooms bad." He says and puts it back on his finger. "How's your extra credit coming? You pick a topic yet?" He asks Jeremy.
"Mystic Falls. Civil War Era." Jeremy tells him.
"What's the angle?"
"My family- I found a journal of an ancestor who lived in the 1800's. And the Gilbert's were one of the original founding families of Mystic Falls. So..." Jeremy explains.
"That sounds good." Mr. Saltzman tells him.
"Awee. Look at my big brother doing the work. I'm very proud of you." I tell him.
"Oh shut up." He says pushing me lightly and laughing.
"Well, we'll see you in class Mr. Saltzman." I tell him and we walk away.
I get into the school and go to Jo's locker.
"I come bearing gifts. I feel like I haven't seen you in forever and I miss you. Do you wanna sleepover tonight?" I ask her and she smiles at me.
"Yeah, that sounds great. What time?" She offers.
"Sounds good, I'll just change my shift at the grill from today after school to tomorrow." I tell her and I'm suddenly very excited for tonight.
"No problem. Pick me up after your shift. Okay, so what has been going on with you?" She asks me as we walk to class.
"Okay, don't over react because I know you're not the biggest fan of Hunter, but we slept together." I tell her.
"What?! Oh my god, How was it? Why didn't you call and tell me?" She asks.
"Well, you've been a little busy and it didn't seem important enough to bother you." I tell her honestly.
"Of course it's important. I want you to talk to me about everything. Big or small, and this big." She tells me and I'm overcome with joy because the person standing in front of me is my best friend and I've missed her. We make it to bio and I sit down next to Hunter.
"Okay, so I forgot I had a shift at the grill today. So you can still officially meet my aunt but it will have to be fast." I tell him.
"Okay, that works for me." He says and I give him a quick peck on the lips.

▫️▫️▫️

After officially introducing Hunter to Aunt Jenna I made my way to work. I get there and clock in and see Jeremy playing pool with a girl I've never seen before. I serve a few tables before I notice the girl walking away from him. I make my way over to him.
"Hey, who's she?" I ask him.
"Her name is Anna. I met her at the library. Don't." he warns me.
"I didn't say anything." I tell him. "She's cute." I add before walking away.
"Phoebe, can you give me a ride home after your shift?" Jeremy asks.
"Yeah, it ends in 45 minutes, I don't know if you want to wait." I tell him.
"Yeah, I'll wait."

"Okay, come on." I say to Jeremy and he follows me to my car. "Can you text Jo and tell her I'm on my way to her?" I ask him and he nods as we get into the car and I pass him my phone.
We pull up to Jo's house and a minute later she comes out the door and makes her way to my car.
"Hey Phoebe, Hey Jer, how've you been?"
She asks him as I pull out of her driveway.
"I'm good. How're you?" He asks her.
"Now that I finally get to have a sleepover with my bestfriend I am grand." She tells him.
"Hey, you are the one who has been super busy." I tell her with a laugh. We get home and Jeremy goes up to his room and Jo and I make the way to mine. We're catching up and we end up falling asleep after a few hours. The next day I hear arguing downstairs, I make my way out to the hallway.
"What's going on?" I ask as Elena goes into her room and Jenna sighs. I look over at Jo and we make our way to Elena's room.
"Hey, what's going on?" I ask her.
"I'm adopted. Jenna hide it from me." She tells me.
"Holy shit. That's crazy."