EB 26: Where She's Almost Coming

Endless Bonds Copyright © 2016-2019 xXMopelXx All Rights Reserved. 

Chapter posted - May 19, 2019

Another update? Who am I? 

THIS IS A HOTTTT CHAPTER. I HAD TO CENSOR SOME STUFF (WE DON'T WANT ENDLESS BONDS TO GET KICKED OFF THE RANKINGS) SO SOME WORDS WILL HAVE 'X' AND $. 

Happy Readings, Bees <3

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

C H E R 

:: Chapter (26) :: Where she's almost cxming

Pierre's face looks drawn, as he rests his head against his pillow.

I adjust my phone so I'm laying down as well, facing him, my head on my own pillow. If I close my eyes for two seconds, I can imagine that I'm in Paris. In his room. On his bed. Over his soft white sheets with his warmth seeping into me.

But I'm stuck in Vancouver while my fiancé is miles away.

We've been video-calling for twenty minutes now. It's getting late, but I don't want to end our call.

"You've been acting all weird," I whisper so Sara, who's sleeping soundlessly on the other side of the room, doesn't hear.

"How so, chérie?"

His gruff and tired voice causes something in my chest to twist.

"I don't know. Is there something you want to tell me?"

"Nothing in particular..." He blinks, desperately trying to stay awake. "Except that I miss you...And that this is plus difficile que I thought."

It's hard for me, too.

I'm conflicted with so many emotions and feelings and... I just say it like it is. "Pierre, you've been distant. You take forever to call me back and I've noticed twice that you ignored my messages."

That catches his attention. Instantly, his eyes flash with mild annoyance and they narrow. "Fvck, Cher. Tu oublies that I also go to school. I also have a life here. Just because you decided to leave France doesn't mean I can do the same. Of course, we're distant. We're continents apart with a huge time difference between us. Mon Dieu...We're so far away. I'm not doing this on purpose. I've been...caught up with so many things just like you were before. Remember au debut du semestre when I was always calling you and you were too busy to answer me? Well, I'm busy now. But I am trying to make time. It's just difficult."

Now I'm the one who's annoyed. He's been caught up with things – why didn't he simply tell me? God, I would have respected that and would have wanted to be there for him. But I'm too far gone in my annoyance that I don't even bother asking him what's wrong.

Instead, I spit, "You know, Lise called me?"

Pierre has never been a morning person, but now his gaze snaps wide awake. There's venom in his voice when he speaks. "Pourquoi est-ce-qu'elle t'a appelé?" he snarls. "Don't answer the bxtch, Cher."

"I don't know why she called."

He shifts, disappearing out of view.

"Pierre – Where are you going?"

He groans. "I just remembered the time and I have to meet with my parents...It's complicated. Just...Promise me you won't answer her? She's trying to stir shxt up. Anyways, you'll see me soon, chérie."