Chapter 2- what century do you live in?

"His what, now?" Noel asked as we walked into the school together.

The big gates opened and there were students everywhere, roaming around and having fun before the classes started.

Mom always told me stories about her high school memories with her friends and how she met dad. Apparently, upper east high school is no place for weaklings. If you believe in something, you need to stand up for yourself because nobody would do it for you.

"His girlfriend," I answered back, fascinated by the colorfulness of the high school. I was enrolled in a private boarding school in France so I never saw this much colorful clothing before in a school.

As if I said something hysterical, they all broke out into laughter. I stared at them in confusion whilst walking inside to find our classes. "Is girlfriend a humorous word in America since I left?

"It is humorous when you put that next to Ven's name," Emma stated while I stared at her in confusion.

"What is so amusing about that? I saw them together with their arms around each other then she referred to him as 'baby.' Isn't that how you act with and refer to your companion?" I asked in confusion.

"Companion? What century do you live in, Biscuit?" Blake asked and they still didn't believe me about Venson's girlfriend. "Do they have, like, a time machine back in France?"

"Seriously, what is so funny about Bugs having a girlfriend?"

Blake snorted. "That man is a heartbreaker at most. So, him having a relationship just doesn't add up."

"Trust me, you would believe it if you saw them together," I said then I heard someone calling my name behind us.

We stopped and I turned on my heels to find the same girl whom I saw with Venson last night, standing with her backpack hung over her shoulder. "Alexandria."

"You know her?" Emma nudged me, making a face when she found the girl calling my name and I shook my head. The girl started approaching my friends and I, while we all looked at each other in confusion.

"Uh- yeah?" I asked in confusion when she stopped in front of me.

"Hey, I just wanted to ask if you needed any help," she asked with a smile on her face.

Ugh!

Why does she have a smile on her face?

I thought people in America were rude, what the hell happened when I was away?

It's as if everything has changed.

"Um... no thanks, we got it," Candice faked a smile which I recognized clearly but didn't understand why it was there.

"Oh," she said as her face suddenly fell then she turned to me. "I was just hoping to show you around the campus and city maybe. It is your first time here, right?"

"She's not French. She was born here but moved away five years ago," Blake objected, taking offense at the silly statement.

"Oh I'm so sorry, I didn't know that," she apologized, looking at me.

Before I could say something, my friends did the work for me. "Well, it's not your job to know so..."

I threw a glare at Emma who answered in a rude tone. Since when were my friends this salty and rude?

Huh, guess I was right!

Americans are rude!

As if she had enough of my friends, which I was quite sure that she had, she took a step back and glared at my friends. I looked at my friends and they all seemed to have a serious staring contest but then she looked at me. "Well, I'll be around and if you ever need me, just ask for me."