TWENTY SIX|A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS

ARMANI

"Merry Christmas mom, I miss you and I promise I'll be there by the end of the week" Armani said through the screen as she was on FaceTime with her mom, Jocelyn.

"Mhh hmm, and bring your little boyfriend too. Your dad isn't the only cool parent" Jocelyn responded, barely looking at the screen as she applied mascara on in her bathroom mirror.

Armani slit her eyes, "I don't know about all that now, besides I thought you were against me dating"

"No, I was against you dating that knuckle head. Kayan has his own business I hear? Definitely up your alley"

Armani snickered, and she should've known since that was all her mother truly cared about. If the nigga had legal money Armani could do whatever she pleased, however Jocelyn turned her nose up to the hood guys that her daughter had an attraction to. Jocelyn was upscale, from her home to the company she kept, so anyone who didn't fit into her world had to go.

"Okay, well I'll see if he can take off. Have fun at your Christmas party. Who you going with, Paul?" Armani smirked, bouncing her eyebrows.

"Oh God no, he makes less than sixty thousand a year and his hair is balding. This is Maxwell, he drinks his coffee black and is a stock broker. Wish your mama some luck" Jocelyn said checking out her reflection in the screen.

Armani giggled, and blew her a kiss, "You look perfect. Good luck"

"Thank you darling, tell your fine ass daddy I said Merry Christmas. Talk to you later"

Armani playfully rolled her eyes and the two said their I love you's and goodbyes. Just as the call went out, K-Dot made his way over to the couch with two large plates in his hands. Armani's mouth watered and she hadn't even tasted any of the food yet.

"Look at you" he laughed, as she gawked at the plate.
The tray was filled with all of her favorites, baked mac and cheese, candied yams, turkey that was actually juicy and not dry, and so much more that K-Dot threw on there for his greedy girlfriend. Her plate was just as big as his, and he knew she would clean it too.

"So, my mom wants you to come with me this weekend" She blurted out in the middle of digging into her plate.

K-Dot began to dig into his as well, "Me? You sure?"

"Yup, but don't worry I told her you have to work. So you're in the clear"

K-Dot had met plenty of mom's in his time of dating, and while he always saw Armani's mom in passing he never really had to have a conversation with the intimidating woman. Jocelyn owned any room she walked in, and although she was small she always stood tall in her designer heels that were most likely in season. Armani definitely favored her mostly, only getting a hint of Muh in her eyes, but nonetheless a perfect mix of her parents. K-Dot knew that although his relationship with Armani was fresh, he planned on it being long lasting, and if that was going to succeed he definitely needed to formally meet her mom.

"It's cool, I'll go" he told her, totally surprising her.

"You ... will?" She said with an uneasy expression.

"Yeah, why not?" He shrugged, "We ain't gotta sleep in separate rooms do we?"

"I don't think so, I don't know. I'm still shocked you even want to come?"

It wasn't that she didn't want to spend a few days away with K-Dot, she just didn't know how to feel about bringing him home to her old environment. Camden Armani and Philly Armani were virtually two different people and she definitely didn't want to run into somebody that she use to know. On the other hand K-Dot was adamant on going, so she couldn't deny him without seeming suspicious.