Chapter 22: 3 Years Underwater

Age: 15

Three years passed since my test.
The strange liquid the Queen gave me was the drink of the Mermaid Clan. The gift to breathe under water, and if coupled with the blood of the Mermaid Queen, the ability to become immortal and live as a Mermaid Warrior.

My original plan was to return after I turned 13, but the training with the Mermaids was no simple task. It took me 3 years to finish my training under the Queen, her right hand Giova, and Giova's apprentice Penelope.
Me and Penelope became blood sister's after a year, and I taught her acupuncture so she would never again fall to small tricks like what I performed during the test.
I spent my time in the underwater Kingdom of the Mermaid's which was located in a large bubble. The Kingdom itself was like any other, except the sky was water and the Kingdom was made of glass, jewels, and coral. The Mermaid Queen's Palace was like none other, so exquisite it took my breathe away. It was impossibly large and perfect, and all mermaid warriors shared golden eyes and fierce beauty and talent in battle. I once was forced to face a beast very similar to a shark along with Penelope.

We came back barely alive but victorious.

The Mermaid's Training was horrible, from morning till night it was fighting, bloody and near death fighting. The drink of the Mermaid Clan had immeasurable healing capabilities- and it was used often. I was sadly unable to leave with the recipe.
I would fight until I was almost dead before I would drink it, and wake to do it all again.
For three years.

When my fifteenth birthday came, a large celebration was held for my achievement of becoming an honorary Mermaid Warrior, as well as a goodbye party. I was lightly tormented with propositions to drink mermaid blood, and nearly tricked with a wine which did contain it! There were over 300 mermaids I had become close with, they were unified and strong, they did not truly argue or fight with one another and instead supported each other. It was like a utopia if you ignored how they retained their immortality...

I had said my farewell's to the Queen and the Mermaid Clan, Before sadly leaving. I was granted the gift of breathing underwater, as my parting present.

I had changed in those three years.

I was truly gorgeous now, even more so than the Rosalia in my dreams which finally ended a few months ago. Since my absence, I was not present to disrupt or harm any of the male protagonists which meant I had successfully passed by the momentary doom.

Possibly.

I had no idea what the future held, the Mermaid Queen was always so strange with her words and liked to speak in riddles.

When I left the water's, I left like Aphrodite walking onto land.
The Queen gifted me with a silken soft pink dress that somewhat resembled an Ancient Chinese formal wear that an Empress might adorn. It was unique not only for its beauty and foreignness but also the fact that it would never get wet even if soaked in water, or dirty. I was given many sets of jewelry by my Mermaid sister's, and Penelope gave me a golden ring which matched her own. It would alert us of each other's rough location points.

My soft pink hair was to my mid thigh, and was strung up and decorated with pearls and diamonds. My skin was more fair and beautiful, clear like a pearl and luminous. My deep pink eyes were more vibrant and lovely. My face matured but still youthful and delicate.
Penelope called me a pink pearl.
My body was toned and curved in a beautiful manner, a well endowed blossom, long lean legs, a small thin waist.
I wasn't as tall as I hoped, but I knew I shouldn't ask for too much.

I left the ocean and traveled back to Karmillia where I saw the King and Queen again. I was warmly welcomed, and I shared my adventures under the sea with the Mermaids. I stayed for a week before leaving again.