sixty-nine

||CHAPTER 69||
《¤》

"No, I mean," Ishita whispered, "Like, is this normal? Maine kabhi Vickey ko meditate karte huye nai dekha hai."

Passive silence followed until I rubbed my palms and slowly opened my eyes. Leaning against the door of the bedroom that Ishita and I shared, Arnav stared at me knowingly before addressing the girl who had run out of the room looking for help when she opened her eyes to the sight of me meditating in the balcony, early morning. "Agli baar se, jab taq potential danger na aye, mere paas chillati hui mat ana."

He did not look at Ishita while speaking, but he smirked my way before walking away. He knew about my new routine, and I knew he secretly thanked the Shimla camp for it.

"But this is not normal," Ishita said, voice slightly higher than a whisper. I got up, rolling my yoga mat before entering the room. "Ye kabse shuru hua?"

"Shimla camp utna bhi bura nahi tha," I shrugged. It was six-thirty in the morning, so I could understand her concern regarding me waking up early. "Kind of a good experience, if I'm being honest."

Outside, in the living room, Arnav had not bothered going back into the room he shared with Ritwik. He dozed off in the couch instead, his laptop on the coffee table. The transferring work must've been completed by now.

Propping open his laptop, I waited for the screen to light up. The door to the third bedroom clicked open, and Vansh walked out, rubbing his eyes.

I forced my eyes back on the screen that asked for the password. The problem was, I did not know the password. So I shut the laptop instead.

"I think we should get ready," Ishita perked up just as Karan walked out behind Vansh.

"Tu chillana band karegi, please?" Arnav squinting his eyes at her. "Soney bhi nahi de rahi hai ab tu."

He stood up, ignoring her glare, and stretched his muscles.

"Breakfast is free, so Ritwik ko utthao. I'm not paying for his hungry ass, kal usne mujhe poora loota hai," Karan yawned, looking at the itinerary kept at the table.

I snorted at him. It wasn't like he had a constraint on his pocket money. Dramatic, that's just what he was being.

"Jitna hasna hai, hasley," I heard him before going back to my room to dress for the day. "Aaj raat ke pool party mein ham sab tujhko lootne wale hai. Fir dekhte hai kitna funny situation lagta hai tujhko!"

We were boarded into the minibuses, and I sat beside Arnav who claimed the window seat, capturing the colourful street life of Udaipur

"I like this place," I said in a low voice, since the bus was silent. Everyone had either just woken up, or were still sleeping. Or vlogging because apparently, YouTube-ing every moment of their lives was as important as breathing.