Chapter 31 - Never Know

Roseanne West

I slipped away from Ares' arms and walked towards the window. I bit my lip and took a really deep breath before letting it out. Starting a new page? Will it be worth it in the end?

One thing that I'm scared of is being left again. I lost my mom once.. Bryan too and if I give my heart to Ares.. can he guarantee that he won't leave me? I know that it won't be smooth and it's a part of that the journey itself but still.

I opened the balcony door slowly and walked out to feel the cold breeze of New York at night. Suddenly Ares wrapped his arms around me from the back.

"I thought you were sleeping?"

"I was looking for you." He answered.

"Is everything okay?" He asked and I turned to him.

"Yeah." I lied and turned back to the view.

"Everything happens so fast between us, isn't it? I opened up to you quicker that I thought." I said honestly.

"I think it's a really good thing."

"Why?"

"You were hurt, you were alone, you were lonely and no one can't reach you because they gave up as they saw that thick walls. You're not easy to reach, people have to earn your trust.. that's all. You're still your old Rosie, you're just covering it up." He said and I turned to him.

"How come you know me better than I know myself?"

"Observing." He said smiling and I chuckled. I moved closer to him and he wrapped his arms around my waist. He leaned down his head to mine and we kissed slowly.

"Wanna take a warm bath together and maybe talk?" He asked and I nodded. He grabbed my hand and he led me to the bathroom. He got a big tub that can fit 3 people which was quite unique for a guy. He started to fill the tub with warm water and he walked to me.

He took off his shirt that I wore and he gestured me to go inside first. I got into the bath and he walked back to me with a bath bomb on his hand. He put it in and he got in after taking off his boxer.

"What's on your mind? Are you okay?" He asked and I looked at him shaking.

"I don't know where are we going after this step. I don't where it will end too." I said truthfully.

"Live in the moment." He said and I shook my head not understanding.

"What will happen tomorrow, let it be tomorrow. What will happen next week, let it next week. Enjoy the moment and just.. be grateful and happy." He smiled and I looked at the water blankly.

"You're doing great until now, Rosie. You are so much better than the day that I met you."

"Really?" I asked because I never expected that. I thought it would be the same.

"Yeah.. and I know it's not easy for you but you're almost there." He said as he took my hand.

"Do you trust me?" He asked and I gulped. I trust him but some part of me doesn't.

"Do you want to be my girlfriend?" He asked and my whole body just.. turned numb. My eyes looking at him like he's growing another head. My lips were frozen and nothing came out from my mouth.

"Let's try this relationship, Rosie. How about it?"

"Ares.. being in a relationship means-"

"Yes, for the past 1 month.. we've get to know each other. You hated me at first and we started to develop a good friendship. I started to get more attach and feel a little jealous finding out that there's another man that you are close with other than your dad and brother. I didn't like that.. it really bothers me and I know the fact that you don't want this and you don't have a really good experience with relationship but I want to take a risk, I want to try it with you." He said and that made me speechless. I never expected him to say things like that. I'm happy but also worried.

"I.. I can't guarantee that I can make you.. uhmm.. happy or.. you know like other girls."

"I know, that's what makes you different and I like it." He smiled and I looked down to the water again battling with my own thoughts.

"Give me a chance.. give yourself a chance too. What do you think?" He asked as he held on to both of my hands. I looked at his eyes and I found myself saying yes. He hugged me immediately and I found myself smiling.

"Thankyou.. that really means a lot to me." He said and I never thought a word 'yes' will make someone this happy. He kissed me again and sat me on his lap.

"I think we should take a bath quickly.. I'm a little bit cold." I said and he nodded. We quickled done with it and walked to his bedroom. He closed the balcony door and I sat on his bed.

"What time do you go to work tomorrow?" I asked.

"Around 10. Why?"

"Nothing.. just asking."

"Let's have lunch together. You can come to my office and we can go together. How's that?" He asked and I smiled nodding.

"Let's sleep.." He said as he pulled me close. He wrapped me in his arms and I closed my eyes. I felt the warmness around my body and it feels good.

Okay.. let's just take a risk. It might be so new to me but.. you'll never know.