Chapter 5

Chapter 5

It took no effort from his part to bend the bars and enter my cell. The look in his eyes was enough to leave me standing in place, shocked.

I had been about to collapse, but somehow the surprise from hearing his words was keeping me up.

He had said ‘mate’. Was he talking about me?

“Alpha,” I faintly heard Lesley say.

“Caine,” another guy who had just walked into the hall called out to the Alpha.

I didn’t need to be a Wolf to know that he also had a title. He was exuding power that even a human like me would feel. Not as strong as the Alpha who tearing into the cell I was in, but enough to kick some ass. 

The Alpha didn’t even acknowledge them.

His intense gaze was focused on me. His grayish green eyes were completely dark now.

“Mine,” he growled.

I didn’t know if he was growling at me, or at the group behind him.

I swallowed loudly and felt my breathing pick up.

“My mate,” he repeated, as he closed the distance between us.

I was about to speak, when he lowered himself to my height and nestled his head in the crook of my neck. I hadn’t felt his arms wrap around my waist, until I felt the pressure of his hands. He was holding me with a strong grip.

Lively electricity passed between us and I felt my body respond to his touch. The pain from the bump in my head was long forgotten as small tingles ran through my body wherever he touched me.

Just as I was about to protest- even though a part of me was definitely enjoying his touch- I felt his teeth grazing my skin.

“What are-” Those were the only words I voiced out, before his teeth sunk into my neck.

I focused on the gasps from the little entourage that came with the Alpha, until the pain that erupted from my neck got my entire attention.

I cried out in pain- slapping at his shoulders, his chest, and at a certain point even tugging on his hair.

His grip on my waist tightened, and I felt my body loosen in his arms.

The only strength I had left, I’d been using to stand up. After the bite, I felt like everything in me was gone.

My mind was telling me to let go, to sink into darkness.

The Alpha had already pulled away, and he was looking into my eyes- almost like if he was lost in a trance. The ghost of a smile was playing on his lips, but I was barely able to make it out.

“What the hell did you do?”

In my mind, that question came out in a yell. In reality, it was just a soft croaky whisper. I took a few deep breathes, trying to get my voice back.

“You, you- you animal!” I yelled in a whisper, trying to push him away.

I slapped at his chest, but I could feel they were all weak hits. My efforts to get him to move were useless.

After a few minutes, I noticed something cross over his eyes, before he snapped out of it.

“You’re a human,” he said, sounding confused.