↳ ten

LINDSEY RAN THROUGH THE CORRIDOR TOWARDS THE CONSOLE ROOM WONDERING WHAT WAS GOING ON, "What's going on!" she exclaimed as she saw the Doctor rushing around the TARDIS' console

"What's the emergency?" Rose shouted, coming from another corridor.

"It's mauve," he told them.

"Mauve?" the girls questioned, in sync causing the blonde to glare at the red-head.

"The universally recognized color for danger."

"What happened to red?" Rose asked, dumbly.

"That's just humans." he told her, "By everyone else's standards, red's camp. Oh, the misunderstandings. All those red alerts, all that dancing. It's got a very basic flight computer. I've hacked in, slaved the Tardis. Where it goes, we go."

"She won't like that!" Lindsey snaps, clinging onto the console as she was thrown around.

"And that's safe, is it?" Rose questions.

"Totally."

As soon as he said that, part of the TARDIS exploded, Lindsey jumped back as she was standing next to the part that exploded.

"Okay, reasonably." the Doctor conceded. "Should have said reasonably there. No, no, no, no! It's jumping time tracks, getting away from us."

"What exactly is this thing?" Lindsey exclaimed.

"No idea." the Doctor admitted.

"Then why are we chasing it?" Rose yelled.

"It's mauve and dangerous, and about thirty seconds from the center of London."

· ━━━━━ ·⚘· ━━━━━ ·

The Tardis materializes in a back alley between two terraces. The sort of crowded housing that no longer exists in Rose's time.

"Do you know how long you can knock around space without happening to bump into Earth?" the Doctor says, coming out of the TARDIS.

"Five days?" Rose guessed, following him out, "Or is that just when we're out of milk?"

Lindsey stepped out of the TARDIS behind Rose.

"Of all the species in all the Universe and it has to come out of a cow." the Doctor complained.

"Try not to think about it." Lindsey joked, the Doctor chuckled.

"Must have come down somewhere quite close." the Doctor walks away from the TARDIS, Rose followed him instantly, not wanting to be away from him. Lindsey hung back a bit looking over her shoulder, she had a strange feeling that they were being watched. 

"Within a mile, anyway." the Doctor continued, "And it can't have been more than a few weeks ago. Maybe a month."

"A month?" Rose protested, "We were right behind it."