iv.

Chapter Four: "Cloak"

{EDITED}

"Charles!" Logan screamed as he entered the school

"Charles!" Logan screamed as he entered the school. A considerably large group of kids gathered around him as he held Wanda's body tight in his own arms. He didn't know what had happened, but it occurred all too quickly.

"Oh my God." Storm gasped, covering her mouth as she pushed through the groups of people and saw Logan with the unconscious women in his hands.

"Students, please make a path!" Charles' voice yelled as he wheeled past dozens of students.

"Return to your rooms, I'll let you know when you can leave shortly." He ordered, causing all the children and teenagers to groan as they slowly dispersed and moved onto their classes.

"Bring her downstairs." Charles demanded, having already suspected why Wanda had collapsed. 

The second that Wanda was placed on the medical table at the lab, Jean Grey burst through the door.

"What's going on?" She asked, putting on her white coat and glasses and looking over to Wanda on the medical table with a concerned look. She then immediately realised that the girl was Wanda Maximoff, the mutant Charles had been trying to track for weeks.

"S-She uh." Logan stuttered, his blood stained hands shaking slightly as he still hadn't calmed himself down. As soon as Wanda passed out in the car, her nose began to bleed heavily, and just when Logan had thought it couldn't get worse, she began to cough up blood, without even being conscious. 

"We were attacked..." He explained simply as his mind flashed back to the moments before the ambush.

"By who?" Scott asked as he stood by Jean with his arms folded. Logan's turned to look at Scott, an almost mocking look on his face. 

"By Cable." He answered as if it was the most obvious thing in the world, which to him, it was. Scott glared at Logan at the tone of his voice, but Logan seemed pleased by his reaction. It was as though Scott had a permanent sign on his back that said 'Tease Me' and Logan happily obliged. 

"How did she fall unconscious?" Jean asked, carefully placing a needle in her arm to steady her heart rate. Logan glanced away as she did so, still not entirely comfortable with anything regarding medical experiments. 

"As soon as we got in the car, she passed out. Her eyes rolled to the back of her head, her nose started bleeding and she was coughing up blood." Logan explained to Jean as moved over towards the computers to continue her tests. 

"I got her here as fast as I could." Logan added, his eyes looking over Wanda with a new found sense of concern. As he spoke, the doors to the lab opened and Hank McCoy walked in wearing his white coat and holding a clipboard. 

"Just in time, too. Any longer and she might've gone into a comatose state." Jean replied, greeting Hank with a nod as he wordlessly walked over to the computer and began to work. Logan looked over to Jean expectingly.