55| Part Two of Epilogue : There Is Just So Much That She Needs To Tell Him

[Updated on : 13th August, 2020 on 1:44 AM (Thursday)]

So here, I officially present you the Part Two of the Epilogue of 'For His Sake'

Are you excited to read it?

Firstly, Happy Janmastmi to all the Indian Readers! ♥

Here you go!

Sitting on the bed, I placed the gift on my lap as I opened the ribbon, to reveal the dull yellow colored old looking papers whose edges were slightly torn, withered and loose.

"It's an old script for a theatre show. I remember once our homeroom teacher asked each of us to take part in the club, be a member to increase the points from our extracurricular activities for our report evaluations. Edward took part in sports, music, literature, theatres, and indoors. I didn't have any specific interest of my own as I was little bit good in everything but not fully versed in a particular thing. So, I wasn't left with much choice but to follow him to those clubs and, as usual, I ended up becoming a member of The Arts and Theatres Club for many reasons I don't quite remember properly."

By this time, Mia was intrigued enough to know more as once I stopped speaking, her eyes urged me to go on with my ancient anecdote. "So, we had this weekly assignments we used to get in the meetings presided over by the Club's President. That day, I got the plot of writing about Untold Tales, for which among several sub-topics, the one I chose to write the script on was, The Friendship and the Blurred Boundaries."

"So you must've topped that assignment with all the material you could've loaded on a single sheet of paper, about you being the queen of being friend-zoned-for-eternity while Edward continues to be oblivious for anything related to his best friend, where in reality, those non-existent boundaries between you two were already started to blur the moment you fell in love with him." I sighed to myself as her words condensed on my eyelashes in the form of moisture.

My reaction didn't go unnoticed by Mia while she added more to her sentence, "Or to be more distant in the timeline, when he started dating Lara."

I nodded as I adjusted the lace of the dress which was starting to get loose around my figure. "That's why I decided to atleast even try to put an end to my misery. I didn't get to submit this script that day because one of the judges happened to be Edward's best mate in the Basketball. I was too afraid to take the risk as unconsciously my hands had penned down our own childhood tales of laughter, growing up, moments of each of our own immature crushes, milestones we both crossed to become the honest ones who had known, understood and accepted the world little by little, but not separately, as we hardly had any recollection of being alone in any crisis, without that homely smile, warmth and the helping hand of the other."

Putting the script back into the box, I started wrapping the box, saying "And so, maybe my inner conscious was too overwhelmed to keep those little pieces of special memories we both shared with myself only. I admit I had been disappointed with everything that happened thereafter, maybe we both had different perspectives towards life, people and things or maybe we just grew up being too much immersed with each other that we didn't separately get a chance to consider the other as the partner for the future too, even to the nearest possibility of zero to one."

Mia intervened. "But you did consider him as your life partner to the whole possibility of hundred, and dare I say, infinity."

"That's putting just too much weight on a single side."

"Well, that's because you didn't officially confess to him yet, which may I add, can change to the whole possibility of atleast fifty percent if you ever decide to."