Chapter one

"You coming to Henderson's party tonight?" My best friend, Camila asks me, as we walk to my car after school.

I nod my head, as I stop beside my car with a grin. "After the week I've had, you bet I am."

"Oliver still crying all night?" Cammy gives me a sympathetic smile.

I sigh. "Emily's lucky that I care about that kid."

Emily's my twenty two year old sister. She fell pregnant 10 months ago and had baby Oliver. It was a one night stand and Emily's finding the single mom duties hard to deal with, so she chooses to pretend she isn't one for the most part. Leaving me or my mom to mind Oli. Don't get me wrong, Oli is a huge part of our family and I love him to death, but I feel like the twenty two year old mom, while my sister is the eighteen year old.

Me and Cammy talk for another while, before we bid our goodbyes.

Twenty minutes later I pull upside outside my house.  As soon as I open the front door, I'm greeted by Emily who's running down the stairs.

"Oh Talia, what took you so long? I'm supposed to be at my friends house already." She runs past me, but stops at her car. "Oli's playing on your bed."

And then she's gone.

"Looks like there's no party for me then." I mutter to myself, as I walk upstairs.

"Hey Oli." I whisper to the mumbling baby, as I pick him up.

His tiny hands instantly tug at my hair, while I go down to the kitchen to get some food. I text Cammy a few minutes later.

Hey Cam, turns out I'm with Oli tonight. Have fun for the both of us.

Her response comes in within seconds.

I will babes ;) Ryder's hosting a pool party tomorrow think you can make that instead?

I frown. Ryder Smith and I, have never got along. Our relationship would be more of a rivalry than anything else. Ryder's your typical bad boy with undeniable good looks...

Unfortunately his personality ruins it.

But I also have nothing better to do.

See you there! 😙

I spend the rest of my night watching Netflix along with Oli.

The sound of Oliver's crying wakes me up the next morning. He slept in the cot, that he has in my room, so his a-wall mother doesn't wake him when she gets home.

But she doesn't arrive home until 1pm when Oliver's taking his nap and I'm getting ready for the pool party.

"What the hell do you think your playing at?" I whisper shout at my sister.

"Keep your voice down!" Emily mutters, rubbing her temples.

"I swear to you now, Emily, the only reason I'm keeping my voice down is because of that precious baby upstairs." I grab her jumper pulling her towards me, with a warning look. "That boy deserves way better than how you treat him, he's one month old for god sakes and I'm telling you now, if you don't grow up and take care of him, I'll make sure you never see him again. Understand?"

I let go of her jumper, turning away with my hand on my forehead.

"Mom will be back in five minutes, so believe me when I tell you that's the only reason I'm leaving you here with Oli." I explain, before leaving the house.