Chapter 17 | Car Rides and Good Times

A/N: Indigo's home above. Btw, slightly longer chapter to make up for the shorter ones I've been posting.

Luca's POV-

"Well that was eventful." Fox chirped from where he was holding a pack of ice over his cheek in the car.

No shit, we all almost died because someone decided it was just such a fuck-tastical idea to signal our guys before the right moment.

For those of you wondering, the Dark Angels plan of attack to rescue Indigo was to wait until we passed over the empty shipping boxes that Sven requested, then ambush the Skulls. That way, they would be so shocked from the lack of supplies, we would have been able to get the jump on them, leaving just enough time to grab Indigo and run.

The only thing was, our signal was when one of us, the Fallen Angels, or my father called out, "Bless you." Probably not our brightest idea, especially when Indigo happened to sneeze in the middle of our transaction.

Our men attempted a rushed ambush after that, and we nearly lost, which was how Fox got his bruised cheek. Not to mention the several other wounds we all received during the fight. Except Indigo. Somehow she didn't have a scratch on her body even though she was smack dab in the center of the chaos. That's some badass shit right there.

No one replied to Fox who then began to pout in the backseat like a five year old whose mom told them they couldn't get McDonald's. Rolling her eyes, Indigo, who called shotgun once again, punched on the radio. None of us were really in the mood to start up a conversation.

Instead of music like we all hoped, a news station was reporting what new shit went down today.

Some lady's perky voice droned, "A call just came in from headquarters itself. Renowned CEO of Violet Enterprises, Oliver Bennett, arrested mere days ago on charges of illegal activities has been released. Authorities say that new evidence has been received proving Bennett innocent."

Indigo sucked in a breath, her hazel eyes nearly popping from their sockets. Not noticing the several stares she got from all five of us also in the car, (my father was in here as well in the driver's seat), Indigo turned up the volume slightly with shaking hands.

The news lady continued in that fake as fuck upbeat voice, "-and his family his overjoyed at Bennett's return. His lovely daughter Lavender Bennett told our journalists, "Our family was broken from dad's arrest, but this is our second chance at rebuilding what we once had." Oliver Bennett is just has excited having said and I quote, "I can't wait to see my daughters and dear wife after this whole ordeal. We have a lot to discuss." Isn't it just stunning how a family can stay together like this after such a traumatic event. Maybe we all have something to learn from the Bennett's. And now, for the weather."

Indigo's face had paled significantly from a few minutes ago. Putting her dirt-stained cheeks in her hands, she whispered, "Oh, shitnuggets."

At our worried glances the blonde sighed and said, "I'll tell you guys later. I'm just really tired at the moment." She yawned dramatically and rested her head on the window to fall asleep.

The boys and I all gave each other matching looks of disbelief, but ultimately shrugged it off. She was just kidnapped after all, an event like that would make anyone feel the need for a nap. Judging on the ragged state of her clothes, it was a long night. Her oversized shirt was dusted with grime stains, and her shorts were even more torn than before. Not to mention the state of her hair. It was a heap of blonde tangles and curls that at one time must have resembled a braid. My gaze slid down to her throat where a ring of bruises laid, the purple and blue spots making my fists clench at just the thought of what Sven must've done to her.

That fucker better be glad that ambush went awry or else I would have destroyed him piece by piece. How dare he harm such an innocent life who has done nothing to deserve it. Indigo has been an absolute sweetheart to anything and everything. Even to Wilhelmina who had treated her like shit! Yeah, even I, Luca Night, who has never minded others business or drama, has noticed her untamed hate for Indigo.

I was so lost in my thoughts, I didn't even notice we had arrived at Indigo's house. I didn't have a lot of time to study it the first time we dropped Indigo off. That day feels like so long ago, even though it was only last week.

Her house was...older to say the least, but it's rustic feel matched Indigo to perfection. Don't let its age fool you, the house was still beautiful and probably costed Indigo's family too much money. Flower boxes exploding with vivid hues graced the multiple windows and ground making it more of a home than I could have ever imagined. This house might have been ripe with age, but it was well loved.

Indigo eyes were closed as the car came to a stop, a slight bit of drool carving a path down her chin.

Fox's eyes grew bright with mischief, sparkling like playful waves. Before he could do whatever he was planning I slapped him hard, gesturing to the drool and then to my phone. He nodded and allowed me to snap a quick picture of the sleeping Indigo. It would be perfect blackmail for later.

Asher was biting his lip to keep from laughing, and Adrian was just shaking his head sadly. He knew exactly what was about to happen and could sympathize with the poor girl.

Slowly crawling over us to where Indigo slept, Fox whispered dangerously low in a surprisingly good impression of an Australian animal documentarian.

"And over 'ere we have the ever dangerous Dormiens Indigosium. Be wary of the creature even in its slumber. It can secrete a venom so toxic, consuming it diluted can lead to a horrifying and painful death." Fox reached the center consul where he then moved onto his knees to allow free use of his hands. Indigo, unsurprisingly, was still in deep sleep.

Fox continued, this time crouched on the consul holding a pretend microphone close to his mouth. "Today mates, we're going to see what happens when you awake this slumbering beast from its cave. Remember to never try this at home without a trained professional such as myself. This creature can be especially harmful when pissed off, which we're about to do at this moment."

Taking a deep breath, Fox clapped his hands together as loud as possible and at the same time letting out an ear splitting shriek, "WAKE THE FUCK UP INDIGO!"

At the choice of words Fox used, my dad frowned and his displeasure only grew when Indigo startled awake as if she'd been tased. She tumbled to the floorboards as Fox laughed so hard he could barely breath, which ended up with him falling backwards into the rear seats. Sadly, Asher, Adrian, and I chose to sit in the back and he fell on top of all of us.

Indigo huffed, pulling herself up from the floorboards before storming out of the car, slamming the door as she left. She glanced back only once to raise her middle fingers high in the sky towards where we were all still cracking up in the car.

I pulled myself together long enough to shout to Indigo, "C'mon Rooster, you have to admit that was hilarious."

Her only response was to shut her house's doors loud enough for us all to get the message.

All of us chuckled at her antics, with my dad grumbling about how immature we all were as he drove away.

Except my dad put the petal to the metal too fast. Fox jerked forward from our laps, ending up sprawled across the floorboards like Indigo had so earlier before.

He sat up, rubbing his bruised cheek. "Haha, that was sooo funny, I'm practically dying." Fox deadpanned.

Adrian, Asher, and I were silent for a moment, but then we once again burst into a fit of uncontrollable laughter, giggling like little school boys. His glasses were skewed and his red hair was a rumbled mess, it was hard to not  find the situation hilarious.

"You guys can stop laughing now," Fox grumbled, crossing his arms across his chest.

We didn't stop laughing for a long time, and even my dad cracked a small smile.