Chapter 45

Liana

Oliver was quick to catch me feeling uneasy even though I told him multiple times I was fine.

"Remember, communication is key to a good relationship."

I sighed and give in, "I just have a bad feeling of being followed."

He was surprised at first and then he said, "Where? What happened?"

"Near the light house? I don't know if he was following any of us? Or he was minding his business, but he seemed pretty suspicious to me."

"You should have told me that time, Liana." Oliver said sounding frustrated now. Him, calling me Liana- is a hint that he is upset with me.

"I know, but you were having fun."

"Me having fun is not at all important, your safety and our families and friends safety come first too."

"Yours too." I reminded.

"I will call Jamie now." He said and made sure, that I was with the group. I know he is upset and disappointed, but I did not expect him to just leave me like that. I could have waited for him or stood beside him as he spoke to Jamie, but of course, he wants to deal it by himself and leave me out.

I don't know if I am upset or angry at this point, but I don't want Oliver to be upset with me. I wanted to go to the washroom and I told Jason about it.

"Stacy, why don't you go with Liana?" He asked.

"Sure." Stacy said.

"I think I should be okay." I said, not wanting to disturb them and especially Stacy when she is having a good time. I don't want to break the flow.

"Your boyfriend will appreciate if you do what I said." Jason said with a small smile, but behind the smile I know he is looking out for me because he know what is going on.

"We will be back, soon." I said as I grabbed Stacy's hand.

While washing my hands, Stacy said. "I am so excited for our trip."

"Me too." I said as I dried my hands while Stacy was re-applying her make-up.

"I won't be surprise after that trip, you will be engaged." She said and I turned to her with wide eyes. "Don't pretend you are not expecting. He introduced you to his grandparents, who I heard from Jason is very close to Oliver and now you are visiting them! Isn't it suppose to be something?"

"We are not ready, yet." I said as I played with my fingers. "His grandparents just invited and I couldn't say no to them."

"You are the one who is not ready, Oliver is so in love with you, if you hint about marriage I am sure from his pocket he will pull out a diamond ring."

"We are still trying to get to know each other and working on our relationship."

"Imagine, he moved all the way here just for you, you think he won't do anything to make it work. You want me to drop a hint about marriage? I will be more than glad." She said as she applied her lipstick.

"Let's talk about you and Jason." I said smirking.

"What about me and him?" She said as she looked at me with a smirk.

"You two look cozy."

"Of course." She smirked. "Maybe, I should drop hint to Oliver."

"We are still figuring out, Stacy." I said shaking my head.

"I know. I was kidding." She said. "but I can guarantee you, he have a ring hidden in his pocket and is waiting for a hint from you."

I shake my head as she laughed while we exited.

Oliver was relieved to see me and came forward to kiss the side of my head. "Everything okay?" He asked.

"Why won't it be?" Stacy asked, oblivious to the situation. "You are being too clingy and possessive. She can't go out of you sight, now?"

"She is precious to me." Oliver said. "Of course, I want to keep her within my eyes distance."

"Look at you so cheesy." Stacy said impressed. "It is cute and disgusting at the same time."

"Sounds like someone is jealous." Jason joined us.

Stacy laughed. "Whatever."

"I am sorry for walking away like that." Oliver apologized after Jason and Stacy was gone, leaving us both behind to talk about our matter.

"I am sorry too, I should have told you earlier." I said.

"We don't want to take a risk, baby. Let's try to talk more about these matters, also."

"I will keep that in mind." I said to him.

"Good." He said as we started walking. "This evening, we will be doing something special at home, I don't want the risk of going out and being followed or something happening to you, so change of plan."

"That means we can still be with everyone?" I asked

"I am stealing you away!"

"When are you not? I am always with you."

He grinned.

"Definitely not healthy."

"I believe it is very healthy. We are creating a bond here."

"Well, maybe we should actually spend sometime together and get to know each other well?" I hinted that I wanted to know about his life and family.

"Yes?" He said unsure. "Where are you taking it?"

I smiled, "let's keep it until, later."

"You know she is not the only one around you." Lucas called out to Oliver.

Oliver give a guilty look and decided to have conversation with Lucas. When I was moving towards Mia, he pulled me back. "Where are you going?

"I am going to Mia." I said pointing towards Mia who was standing a little further away and there was a huge crowd in between us.

He looked hesitant at first, then nodded his head. As I was moving towards Mia, someone pushed pass me and I felt a sharp pain in the left side of my stomach and I put my hands on the spot and looked at my hand and stomach and saw blood.I made eye contact with Oliver, I did not react until I saw the person walked away from him and Lucas. I know, Oliver will chase after the person. The person was armed and can hurt anyone, maybe I was the target or maybe this was a warning. I looked away from Oliver, until someone had to scream 'Blood' and pointed at me, blood dripped from my stomach to the floor and everyone moved away from me.

"Call 9-1-1, there was an attack." I heard as I fell on my knees and squeeze the pain out.

Author's Note: Thank you for reading this book, we are almost to 7k!! Please give it a Vote and a share; if we hit 7k reads today, there will be a bonus chapter; so watch out. Thank you for your support.