22nd Page: Capital Defense

At the Capital Town...

Screams and smoke were the commonplace within the Capital Town as a horde of zombie-like creatures tore at everything in sight, destroying the buildings and devouring the people. It was a horrid scene seemingly out of a nightmare.

"S-stay away!"

"D-Don't come any c-closer!"

Multiple panicked voices spoke as the horde of undead creatures slowly approached, fear resonating in their eyes.

"Gotta try harder than that!" A certain (h/c) haired boy taunted as he expertly swung his sword around, seeming like a reaper who's descended to claim the second lives of the undead hordes.

Everywhere (Y/N) swung his sword, the undead creatures scattered in a flurry, some being torn to pieces by the void flames on (Y/N)'s blade.

"T-This is a Magic Knight?" The platinum blonde haired girl muttered to herself in awe, her eyes shining as she saw her savior tear through the hordes of zombies.

"Hmm..." The golden robed man hummed to himself as he saw the boy tear through the hordes. It's impressive...but it isn't enough.

(Y/N) laughed as he rushed through the hordes, his sword dispelling the zombies as the void flames took effect, breaking the magic that initially made said zombies.

"Well, well, well. One of the fakers arrives. To think of all the Magic Knights, it'd be from the worst of them all." The golden robed man spoke with disdain, the horde below him having temporarily stopped as (Y/N) shouldered Phantasm, shifting his eyes towards the man.

"It doesn't matter to me what you see me as, fake or real. In the end, all I'll care about doing is saving the people I'm sworn to protect." (Y/N) spoke, glancing behind him at the group of people.

"There's seven of them...how can I get them all out of here? While they're here, I can't go after Goldilocks over there." (Y/N) narrowed his eyes faintly before he shook his head.

"Hey, when I tell you to, go towards the west districts. Just get as far away from here as possible." (Y/N) softly spoke to the group behind him, though his eyes never left the approaching crowd of undead.

"B-But what about you..?" The platinum blonde haired girl asked nervously, her eyes shifting between (Y/N) and the approaching horde.

"I'll be fine, it's you I'm worried about." (Y/N) commented swiftly, unaware of the blush that slowly formed on the female's face.

"Trying to be the hero, eh?" The golden robed man scoffed as he saw (Y/N) stand defensively in front of the group, slowly backing up as one of the nobles ran off, leaving six behind him.

"Let's get started!" (Y/N) suddenly proclaimed as he disappeared in a flash of black, reappearing before one of the undead abominations, swinging Phantasm down so fast it turned into a blur.

Not paying any mind to the now halved creature, (Y/N) shifted his eyes to the nearest zombie and he dashed towards it, appearing in front of it in a single moment.

"He's fast!" Both the golden robed man and platinum blonde haired girl thought as they saw (Y/N) turn into a blur as he razed the undead hordes.

However, (Y/N) only narrowed his eyes as he threw Phantasm into the air, the sword disappearing in a flash of black particles and returning to his Grimoire, said book having opened to a familiar page as a white scythe popped out of the book, (Y/N) grasping it tightly.

"While a sword would do me better in the long run, I don't have that much time. Who knows when blondie up there might attack, so I need to make this quick." (Y/N) smirked as he disappeared once again, his scythe turning into a blur in his hands as dozens of the undead zombies fell to the ground, severed in half.