chapter thirty-four

Thank you everyone that has read, voted and commented on this story.. means a lot. Anywhore here's a new chapter!,!

The whole world seemed to just stop spinning, everything was frozen in place. There were no sounds and very slow, sluggish movement. Everything moved as if in slow-motion, moving but bearly noticable. I felt sick. Jeremy was dead. He was actually dead and it was my fault. I provoked Damon. I made him lash out and now my baby brother is dead because of it.

My hand covered my mouth as my lips trembled underneath, sobs breaking through. The room around me was blured by my the tears that cascaded continuously down my cheeks. I could just make out the two standing fugures and the crumpled one that is Jeremy on the floor.

"No! No! No!" Elena cried. Her knees buckled under her and she landed heavily on the floor beside Jeremy's body.

I harshly wiped away my tears, clearing my veiw and my eyes locked onto Damon's icy blue ones. His face was emotionless as he stared in at the commotion that he'd just caused. He was watching me and the longer I stared at him the more angrier i seemed to grow.

I never thought that i could hate Damon, but then he did this.

Hatred was burning heatedly inside me and I couldn't stop it...I didn't want to. Somethings can be forgiven, no matter how extreme they seem, but this is far from one of them.

"Get.Out!' I hissed through clenched teeth, pointing to the door. "And don't ever come back."

I kept my gaze firmly on Damon, tears still stained my cheeks but i kept my face as blank as i could manage. I knew it wasn't working very well, I could see Jeremy's body out of the corner of my eye and it's like my heart breaks all over again.

Damon didn't say anything, just eyed Jeremy's body before striding out of the room -not even a glance back.

As soon as he was out of view the severity of the situation came crashing down on me, it was too much and me knee's gave out. I crashed loudly to the floor. Eyes glued to Jeremy and Elena.

Elena had calmed down a considerable amount. She wasn't crying as heavily now, just the odd tear that slid down her face. She clutched Jeremy's body tightly to her and rocked back and forth.

"He's not dead." Elena's voice croaked out. One of her hands reaching forward to grab ahold of  Jeremy's.

I gawked at her, mouth slightly agape. She's in denial.

"Elena," I said soothingly. My lips trembled. "Yes he is."

Elena shook her defiantly. "No. No he's not. You see this," She lifted up Jeremy's right hand, a huge old looking ring was sitting in his middle finger. "As long as you're human and are killed by the supernatural, this ring brings you back to life."

"Wait- What?" Jeremy's not really dead? 

"He'll come back to life." Elena sounded so sure of herself, so i let myself believe her. I let myself feel the relief that had begun to fill my body.

"Are you sure?" Asked hesitantly.

She turned her head and looked over her shoulder at me. "Yes."

Last night was awful. It was one the of the most horrible night of my life and believe me, I've had a few of those already. Elena and I stayed seated silently beside Jeremy's body waiting for him to wake up. Stefan had come over immediately after Elena had called him and comforted us. Although surprisingly he wasn't doing a very good job at it. It was almost like he was defending Damon. He said it was 'Katherine's fault, she's provoked him.' Who the fuck's Katherine?