Chapter 2: Hogwarts

I am so sorry for keep my readers waiting. <3 My Laptop had stopped working, so I couldn't continue writing. <3 :( A friend of mine helped me get a used laptop, so that I can continue working on my fanfics. <3 I just got my laptop a few days ago, so I can now continue working on my fanfics. :) <3 I hope you all enjoy my 2nd chapter. ^_^ <3

The next day after lunch, he has McGonagall watch Harry while he goes to see Dumbledore. He had some words to say to him. He knew Dumbledore was manipulative, but this was taking it too far! To allow the boy to grow up in an abusive home and expect the boy to be the hero of the wizarding world, was madness! The boy would be mentally scarred for the rest of his life, if he wasn't scarred already! He was not going to have the boy go throw what he went through. Not if he had anything to say about it. He reaches the gargoyle and mutters, "Licorice Wands." The gargoyle leaps aside, revealing the moving spiral staircase. Snape steps onto the staircase, as soon as he steps on it, the staircase begins to move upwards in a spiral fashion. Once he reaches the top, he goes up to the door and knocks with the griffin knocker. Dumbledore's voice can be heard on the other side of the door, as he said, "Enter." Snape enters Dumbledore's office and walks right up to his desk. Without preamble, he said, "You have a lot to answer for, Albus!" Dumbledore looks calmly at Snape and said, "What do you mean, Severus?" Snape said, "You know full well what I mean." Dumbledore said, "I'm afraid that I don't understand you, Severus." Snape was now angry as he said, "How can you allow Potter to live with the Dursleys?! Have you any idea how the Dursleys have been treating him?!" Dumbledore said calmly, "I know only this, Severus. They took him in and raised him. Did I know he may not be loved there? Yes, but I highly doubt he is being abused by them." Snape was looking murderous, "Are you blind, Albus?! They neglected him! They never bought him any toys and allowed their son to assault him, leaving him with broken bones, cuts and bruises! They never bought him any clothes! They starved him and locked him in the cupboard under the stairs for weeks at a time, without food or water! He actually slept there for most of his life! They verbally abused the boy and worked him like a house elf! HOW CAN YOU ALLOW THAT TO HAPPEN?!" Dumbledore may have looked calm, but Snape felt the man's magic coming at him in waves. Dumbledore was angry, thankfully not with him, but with the Dursleys. Dumbledore said in a serious but calm tone, "The boy slept in a broom cupboard under the stairs and have been kept locked there with no food or water for weeks at a time?" Snape said, "Yes, Albus he was. He told me so himself. He doesn't want to go back there. I, for one, agree with the boy." Dumbledore sighs, "I will have a word with them, but the boy must stay there. The blood wards protect him, Severus." Snape was livid, "ARE YOU SERIOUS ALBUS?! THE BOY DOES NOT WANT TO GO BACK TO THEM! TO HELL WITH THE BLOOD WARDS!" Albus raises a hand and said, with his eyes twinkling slightly, "Calm yourself, Severus. If you wish for the boy not to go back to his aunt and uncle, where do you suggest we put him then?" Snape said, "I can't think of anyone who would raise him properly." Snape pauses for a moment. Albus' eyes glitter as he smiles, knowing where this was going. Snape knew what he had to do. He had to be the boy's guardian. He couldn't trust anyone else to raise the boy. Snape sighs, " But if I must, then I will volunteer to be his guardian, I will do it for Lily." Albus smiles, "I was hoping you would say that, Severus, thank you." Snape bows slightly to Dumbledore, then said, "I would also like to punish the Dursleys, when the time is right." Dumbledore was about to object, but Snape smirks,"Nothing harmful, just something to teach them a lesson. With your permission of course, Albus." Albus sat thoughtfully, as much as he wanted to keep Harry there, he knew Snape was right. With Snape as the boy's guardian, they will learn about each other. He only hopes that Snape will open up to the boy and show him that they have more in common than they realized. The Dursleys on the under hand... He hopes Snape doesn't do too much damage to them. After a minute or 2, Albus said, "Permission granted, Severus. I will also allow you to be Harry's guardian. The boy is your responsibility now. I will take care of the legal matters, and will summon you and the boy, so that you both can sign the paperwork." Snape bows slightly again, "Thank you, Albus." Dumbledore smiles, "If that is all, Severus. I will alert the ministry about your interest in becoming Harry's guardian. I will also have to go to the Dursleys and have them sign Harry over to me. I will alert you when the time comes to sign the paperwork, Severus." Snape bows slightly again, then turns on his heels and leaves the office.