0.9

When we decided to leave we exited the hospital and I unlocked the car door.

"Your prayer might've worked." I said and Brendon nodded.

"It did work, it's always good to pray to God." He said and we got inside the car.

"Ew." He said and moved his feet.

"The ice cream melted in the bag."

"Did it dirty the car?"

"Surprisingly, no."

"We'll find the nearest dump and throw it." I said and Brendon sighed.

"I really wanted ice cream."

"We'll get some tomorrow. Stores are closed right now." He nodded and I reversed the car from the parking lot.

"How long have you known Spencer?" He asked and I chuckled.

"For years now, maybe 6. We met in college, hit it off quickly."

"Did you two ever date?" He asked and I was surprised at the question.

"Nope, never did. He would insist on wanting to have sex with me as a joke until I gave in recently."

"Was he the one who gave you the hickey?"

"Yeah."

"Took him 6 years to get you in bed?" He chuckled.

"That's dedication." I nodded and realized it'll take me 6 years to get Brendon in bed. Is this my karma?

"Fuck." I said and he chuckled.

"What?" I looked at him and he was smiling a bit. He's straight. I need to remember that. It'll never happen. I turned back to the road and shook my head.

"Nothing." I said and he hummed. He got comfortable on the seat and sighed.

"Take me home." He said and I raised my brow.

"What?"

"Take me home." He repeated.

"Your house? Like with your grandma and douche of a cousin?"

"Yes."

"Brendon, you can stay with me, seriously. I don't mind, I want you to stay with me." I said and he looked at me.

"Really?"

"Yeah, I don't want to be alone." I said and faked a pout. He chuckled and nodded.

"Okay." He smiled and I was relieved. I don't want him back there. It's a toxic household. He's so stressed not wanting to disappoint a grandma who forgets everything anyway, his cousin who betrayed him and slept with his ex-girlfriend, Michael actually seems decent but him alone isn't enough. He doesn't need that negativity, I'm going to help him and put him back on track even if I don't get him at the end of it.

I'll get his happiness which is enough.

It's early in the morning and Z called me saying the diner was finished. I was excited and went to the guest room hoping Brendon was awake but he wasn't. I was going to leave but I couldn't. I slowly made my way in and walked over to the bed.

The light from the sun was hitting him just a bit since the blinds were blocking most of it. He looked so peaceful and soft. His lips were slightly parted and his hair was messy. It was hanging over his forehead which made him look even cuter.

I sighed and couldn't take it anymore. I leaned down and was so close to his face that it was making my heart raise. I can feel his breathing on my face and it sent chills through my entire body. I backed away from him and left the room slowly closing the door. I couldn't do that to him. I went to the kitchen and decided to make some coffee. I'll wait for him to wake.