Chapter 40

Saturday, 6:15am
Again like so many times before, I heard a basketball pounding against the concrete outside my window. I covered my ears with my pillow, forcing myself back to sleep.

But like many times before, I ended up waking right up. I angrily hopped out bed, mumbling swears under my breath. Looking outside, there Saint was per usual shooting his lil ball into the hoop.

He was dressed in nothing but a sweater, sweatpants, a durag, and some slides despite the cold weather. The sun wasn't even up yet but my man was out here practicing.

I lifted up my window, letting the heat out. "Saint cut that shit out!" I hissed, squinting at him.

He waved me off, continuing to bounce that damn ball.

"Saint." I called out to him, speaking through my teeth. "Come here."

He hopped the gate that separated our houses. I heard as the wind howled in the trees and the cold air kept hitting me constantly, hardening my nipples.

Once he was at my window, I leaned out of it and grabbed the ball out of his hands. "Now shut the fuck up."

"Ayo give me my ball Cassie. I'm not playing." He mumbled.

"What the fuck are you gonna do about it?" I asked putting the ball down and coming back to the window.

I watched as he opened up my window a little more, jumped up, and put one leg through it.

"You lucky I can't push you off. Cause if I did, you'd get hurt and I don't want that." I said, helping him in.

Now that he was in my room, he stood face to face with me. He was so close, I could feel my nipples graze his body that was almost pressed against mine.

"Where my ball at?" He mumbled.

I swallowed my spit, looked him in his eyes, and said "I don't know."

"Cassie I'm not playing with you." He mumbled once again. "Where my ball?"

"I. Don't. Know." I responded with a smirk on my face.

Lightly gripping my neck like he did when we kissed, he asked the question again.

"Where my ball at?" He asked, letting his lips touch mine as he spoke.

I gasped for air. Not because he was choking me with force but because I was so taken back. "Under my bed."

He let go of me, ducking under my bed. He grabbed his ball, coming back up to face me. He stared at me and my shocked expression.

He then pecked me on the lips. "I'll be back." He spoke, then putting one leg out of my window.

"So you really going back to practice." I whined.

"Duh." He said, rolling his eyes.

"Stay with me." I pouted, tugging on his arm.

He looked me up and down, licking his lips as one of his legs still stuck out of the window.

"You know damn well ya moms gone trip if she see me with you this early in your room." He sighed, taking his leg out of the window.

"Don't nobody gotta know. Just be quiet." I smiled, pulling him closer to me by his forearm.

He dropped his ball, letting it fall down on the floor.

"Boy I said be quiet! My mom finna come in here talking bout, 'Who the hell bouncing a basketball in my damn house at 6 in the damn morning!" I whispered.