T W E L V E

𝘐'𝘷𝘦 𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘬𝘦𝘥 𝘢 𝘴𝘰𝘯𝘨 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘷𝘦, 𝘦𝘯𝘫𝘰𝘺.

♥️

5:00 am.

Are four hours of sleep enough?

We got back home yesterday by eleven at night and the fear gripping my soul was nowhere near gone, I honestly felt suffocated.

I felt trapped, with nowhere to escape.

I really need to distract myself.

With that thought in mind, I got up and marched straight inside the bathroom, first things first- contact lenses.

I wore my contact lenses and let them adjust.

The moment I caught the reflection of myself in the mirror, involuntary, I picked up my shirt a little bit to see the scar stretching from my chest to my waist.

The faded look made it seem even worse, I ran a hand down the scar and shuddered.

The pain felt fresh.

I've always believed that everything that has happened to me was because of a reason.

The beatings, the ignorance, and everything else.

But this scar was different, did I deserve this?

It made me question my own existence.

My back had no marks except the cigarette burn in the lower back.

Both of these held one name engraved in them- Harry.

Why is life so against me, why does it hate me so much?

I know I killed mom but wasn't the beatings enough?

The ignorance enough?

The pain enough?

I wiped away my tears and practiced smiling.

I do this every morning, just look in the mirror and smile.

So that I can perfect it enough to actually smile, I stared at myself until my tears disappeared.

Why did I pain never go away?

I looked around the bathroom and decided to get ready for the day.

By the time I was ready, it was already five-thirty.

Mary did say she had errands to run today, and she's always so good to me so maybe, I should surprise her?

I put my hair into a high bun and went to the kitchen with the thought about Ian, a smile embraced my face.

What a cutie.

I felt pumped up and in the mood to cook today and over that I have a lot of time, so why not prepare full-fledged breakfast? After all, I don't know what Ian or Maya loves the most.

I took all the ingredients I needed and made a soft dough for the croissants, once that was done I let the dough rest and started cutting the strawberries and oranges.

I put the eggs on the boil and started making chocolate croissant, time to put them in the oven!

I swiftly moved to the other side of the kitchen and grilled some bacon strips along with waffles and by the time it was seven everything was ready!

I smiled at myself-

Coffee check

Bacon strips check