Chapter 37 - Doing Great

Roseanne West

I just finished a meeting to finalized everything and now I'm ready to go to find Ares' birthday gift. I'm still trying to figure out what to give him but I decided to go to the mall maybe an idea will come out later on.

I drove my car towards the mall and tonight Ares and I will have dinner with Ares' parents. Ares didn't about his parents surprising, I just told him that we're going to have dinner. They invited my dad too and he's still have no clue that me and Ares are dating.

I got off the car after parking my car and ready to explore the mall to find the perfect birthday gift for him. I started to look around to find something.

My eyes landed on a wallet and I walked into the store. Before I can ask about it, someone poked me. I turned to see Bryan. My body went numb that second and all I wanted to do that second was to punch him.

"Hey Roseanne, long time no see." He said smiling like there's nothing happen between us. I ignored him and turned back to the wallet.

"Rosie, can we talk?" Bryan asked and I ignored him again.

"Hey.. it's been 7 years." He said and that made me so mad. I turned to him and gestured him to follow me. I walked to the nearest starbucks and bought a coffee for myself before sitting down outside where's there's no one and facing the person that I don't want to see the most.

"How are you?" He asked.

"I know you're not blind." I said coldly. I looked at him completely not amuse that he's in front of me.

"I know it's been 7 years and it's too late to apologize but.. I'm sorry." He said looking at me seriously and I sighed.

"If you're sorry, don't talk to me again.. don't look for me and let's act like you and I are strangers." I hissed coldly.

"Rosie, I'm sorry.. I know it's too late to explain but I have my reasons."

"You had your chances, Bryan. I don't want to see you again." I said as I got up from my seat. He stopped me by standing in front of me preventing me to go.

"Give me a chance, Rosie."

"No."

"My mom passed away and you left me. I have trust issues for 7 years, Bryan! Don't you dare asking me for a chance when you know that I needed you the most at that time. You should've comeback to me and explain but you didn't." I said angrily at him.

"I'm sorry."

"Now I'm starting to have my life back so don't you dare trying to ruin it by walking into my life again." I hissed and my phone suddenly rang.

"Rosie.. please."

"No, Bryan, 7 years is too late." I said and I walked pass him. I answered the phone without looking at the caller.

"Hello."

"Hey sis, where are you?" It's Stefan.

"I'm at the mall."

"Huh? What are you doing there?" He asked.

"Just stroll around.. looking for something."

"I'm free for lunch, want to have lunch together?"

"You're coming tonight right?" I asked.

"No, I can't. I have to go LA because I have an emergency meeting in the morning."

"Okay.. what do you want to eat?" I asked.

"Usual.. our favorite place, I'll see you there."

"Okay.. on my way." I said as I walked towards my car. I got inside and drove out from the mall.

How dare he asking for a chance after 7 years? He had that chance and I waited for him so long but he never came. He lost his chance and I don't want him to come into my life again.

I met my brother at the restaurant and he knew that I don't feel good so he didn't ask me a lot of things. He didn't force me to tell him everything which I was so glad that he didn't ask too much. I just need time alone to process about Bryan.

"I'm dating." I said and Stefan dropped his spoon. I looked up to him and he looked at me like I'm turning into a hulk or something.

"What? You're dating now? Who?"

"Ares." I said and he choked right away.

"Since when?"

"A few days now."

"Is he treating you well?" He asked and I nodded.

"He does and I always feel bad that I don't really express my feelings that much and I'm still a little bit awkward in everything." I said sighing.

"Rosie, I'm happy for you and besides.. if you're happy then I'm happy. Do you like him? Or you're dating him just because you can to challenge yourself to change?" He asked and there's a moment of silence.

"I think I do.. He's great and he never seems to give up on me but it's still hard for me to adapt. It's my first time and I don't know if I'm doing okay or not." I said honestly.

"Relationship is about give and take, Rosie. He can't always give you and shower you with love but you have to do the same for him. You understand?"

"I get it.. you're a good husband." I hissed and he laughed.

"I'm so proud of you for trying new things and challenge yourself. You're doing great and I'm so happy for you." He said and I smiled.

"Thanks."

"If he hurts you, let me know.. I'll kill him and feed him to the crocodiles."

"I will." I nodded.

"So how's the book going?" We talked about other things.