The Present

I have come a long way since the day I left my parents home the day I turned 18. They had been angry, and they still were, but I found that I didn't really care. I had my dream job as a writer, my best friend, my pets, and BTS.

Well, their music and a lot of their merch, but hey! I could be content with that. After all, I had turned my best friend into an ARMY too, just so we could fangirl together. Until I could get tickets to one of their concerts, that would just have to be enough.

Now the only thing really missing in my life is my soulmate. I know it will take time to find my Mr. Right, but I'm ready NOW. I want so bad to find the person I can spend the rest of my life with. And Emily's found her soulmate already, so why can't I find mine?

At the same time though, then I won't be able to fantasize that one of BTS might be THE ONE. I know my chances are one in millions, but a girl can dream, right?

My phone buzzed, and I paused typing to check who it was.

It was Emily.

Em: Hi Y/N! Happy Birthday!

I frowned. What?

I checked my calendar, and she was right. It was indeed my birthday!

Em: Haha, you forgot, didn't you?

Yeah, I forgot :Y/N

Em: Knew it. 😝 anyways guess what I got to celebrate?

Idk what :Y/N

Em: Guess!

Umm, a present? :Y/N

Em: hahaha very funny, but yes, now guess what it is!

Something only you would think of? :Y/N

Em: You're not going to give me a serious guess, are you?

Nope, so tell me :Y/N

Em: Ok, fine. I got tickets to a BTS fanmeet and front row seats at the concert before it!

... :Y/N

Em: Y/N? R u still alive? 😂

*Jungshook* :Y/N
I think I read that wrong. :Y/N
U WHAT?!?!?!?!?? :Y/N

Em: I know, I'm awesome. You can thank me later. Now get ready to go, it's tonight!

What!?!?!?!?!??!!?? :Y/N

Em: I'm picking you up in 15 min, be ready.

*Jungshook*😱 :Y/N

Em: Ily2, now get ready!

I stared at my phone for 3 minutes before I completely realized what she'd just said.

I was going to a BTS concert and fanmeet.

NO.

WAY.

I ran to my room to pick an outfit, only to run back to my laptop because I forgot to turn it off. Then I ran right back to my closet and started rummaging through it.

Finally I settled on my go to: blue jeans and a loose T-shirt knotted to give it a waistline with black converse highs and a beanie. If one of BTS really was my soulmate, I wanted to meet them as the real me.

I was finishing up some natural makeup when the doorbell of my apartment rang.

To lazy to go answer it, I sent a message instead.

It's unlocked 4 U :Y/N

"Y/N? Are you ready?" Emily yelled.

"Yah! This is a studio apartment! You don't have to yell!" I called back.

Giggling, my bestie appeared in the bathroom doorway. "So are you ready? Or do I have to drag RJ along with me instead?"

I paused to glare at her.

"You wouldn't dare."

She grinned. "You really want to find out?"

I finished and dropped my mascara back into the drawer. I only used it on special occasions, and tonight definitely qualified.

"Nope, let's go."

She kept grinning and just looked at me.

"What?"

"Aren't you gonna get some shoes?"

I smirked and looked at my feet, about to make a smart retort, but then I realized she was right. It's forgotten my shoes.

"Oh man, I can't believe I almost did that!" I laughed at the mistake I'd been about to make.

"I know, now get those shoes or I will take RJ and he'll be hunting you for the rest of eternity." She laughed and steroid side ad she pointed to where I'd left them.

RJ was her soulmate, and unlike her he was not much of a people person. For him, going to a concert that was guaranteed to be sold out would be as bad as a death sentence.

So I laughed again and grabbed my shoes, putting them on as I headed for the door.

"Let's go!" I grabbed my purse and waited impatiently for her to follow me out the door.

"Are you sure you're not forgetting anything?" She asked, still standing in the middle of my apartment.

I thought for moment before gasping and running back to grab my favorite album.

She laughed again. "C'mon, we don't have all day!"

I chased her out to her car, only barely remembering to lock the door behind me.

With that, we were on our way.

Hello again! I hope you've enjoyed this little update. Btw, I'd really appreciate it if you comment to let me know what you think so far. Am I doing ok? Is it terrible? Let me know if/how I can improve please!