026 || babysitting

•••

•••

"Are you sure about this?"
"Of course! You're our family now" Pietro said, a four-month old Nathanael gargling happily whilst perched on his hip.
Clint rolled his eyes next to me, though a small smile was pulling at the corners of his mouth.
"Hell yes you are" I grinned, pulling the twins into a tight hug.
"We'll have a fun time, won't we Lila?" Wanda laughed, looking at the excited girl to her left.
"Yes! Mummy she said that she'll have a tea party with me! And then, after, she'll show me some magic"
"And Pietro said he'll give me a super fast piggy back!" Cooper added.
"You sound like you're gonna be just fine" I said happily, looping my arm through Clint's.
"I think we will. Wanda has your number if anything goes wrong" the silver-haired teenager shrugged, Nathanael poking his side in fascination.
"Thanks you two" I smiled, nudging Clint's side.
"Thanks" he grunted
"No problem, dad"
"Now listen here you punk-"
"Thank you bye!"
I pulled Clint out of the house, failing to hold in my laughter.
"They love you, just shut up and accept it"

•••

"Old Clint Barton had a farm, E-I-E-I-O,
and on this farm he had a Hulk, E-I-E-I-O
With a -"
"Smash smash!" Lila shouted, a grin spread across her face.
"Here, and a-" Pietro continued, Nathanael bouncing up and down happily on his lap.
"Smash smash!"
"There, here a -"
"SMASH"
"There a -"
"SMASH"
"Everywhere a -"
"SMASH SMASH"
"Old Clint Barton had a farm, E-I-E-I-O"
Lila and Nathanael burst out into applause, Lila giggling slightly from the lyrics.
"I wish you were over here all the time" Lila admitted, a small pout forming on her face
"I don't think your dad would like that too much" he laughed
"Nah, he likes you, he's just like that sometimes. He was like that with Uncle Coulson. I miss him, he hasn't visited in ages"
Pietro simply nodded, unfamiliar with the man she was referencing.
"So old Barton might actually like us? Who knew?"
"I did!"
The teenager chuckled, "Yes you did"

Cooper and Wanda were outside playing catch (she was definitely not using her powers to cheat).
"Hey, Red?"
"Yeah bud?"
"What's it like being an Avenger?"
"Hard work" she laughed "Steve's been busting our asses during training"
Cooper snickered, looking at the russian amusedly, "you just used American slang"
"I've been spending too much time around your mum" Wanda giggled, throwing the ball back at Cooper.
"Our mum you mean. The other day, she was talking to lawyers about something though I promised not to tell you - Wait I just did. FORGET THAT!"
Wanda just smiled at the boy, though her mind was racing wildly and she made a mental note to talk to Grace when she got back, before turning her attention back to the young boy in front of her.
"You wanna See something cool?"
"Yes! Yes I do!"
Wanda smiled, her hands twisting in complicated patterns as a red mist fell from her palms, hearing a shriek as Cooper was lifted five feet off of the ground.
"I'm flying!" He yelled, moving in a swim-like motion, propelling himself through the air, "this is just like that scene in Peter Pan!"
Wanda sniggered his clumsy actions, carefully lowering him back down.
"We have to show Lila!" He shouted excitedly, grabbing her wrist and pulling her back towards the house.

That is how Wanda spent the next half an hour levitating the two siblings, all whilst listening to their bad cover of 'We Can Fly'.

•••

"How do you think they did?" I asked Clint as we pulled up just outside of the farm house.
"They probably did okay, Cooper and Lila probably gave them a run for their money though"
I giggled quietly, opening the front door. My eyes were immediately drawn to the living room, holding back a laugh when I saw a fort.
"What's the bet they're all asleep in there?"
"5 dollars"
I smiled at him, before tiptoeing around so I could peer in. Lila, Cooper, Wanda and Pietro were all cuddled up, baby monitor in the corner. I carefully returned back to Clint, a small smile on my face.
"They're all cuddled up, Nath's upstairs" I whispered, "we should probably leave them down here like this"
Clint just nodded, a laugh building in his throat as he took my hand in his and walked up the stairs, "they're not so bad"