VOLUME TWO (john wick)

I'm about to go to war;
and I don't know if I'll see you again

I'm about to go to war; and I don't know if I'll see you again

over four years later

                    JOHN IS patiently waiting outside of the gates in the airport for when his wife walks out those doors. His stomach is a jumbled mess of nerves, and his mind is racing with excited thoughts of seeing her again since she'd been in France for work. After a month without her; he is ready to feel her touch, have her right against his chest, and be able to link their hands, kiss her- and maybe most importantly, be able to protect her. John hated the long distance between them and the difficulty of time zones. But that waiting he'd endured would all be over in mere minutes.

   John worries about her a lot, even though he's been retired for a few years and technically nothing should happen. But, she's been in a whole other country where he'd been absolutely powerless to help her if something were to happen.

   He's anxious and fidgety as he stares at the flight times. Time is ticking by so slowly that it's beyond painful, and he can't remember the last time he's been this impatient. Every second he's finding himself re-adjusting his clothes and checking his phone just to look at the time. A month is far too long for him to wait (he's not letting them separate this long again). Much too long for now having to wait for her cute head of brown hair to skip out the doors. As people begin to file off the plane and walk out, John scans each face with anticipation. His stomach lurches as more and more people walk by him and he doesn't see her.

    It's near 8 p.m. when John watches Kaitlyn finally walk out of the security area with some fellow musicians. She looks exhausted with her big shirt, shorts, and tired face. He watches as she yawns, and as she looks around scanning people's faces. But when her eyes finally land onto his form; she smiles, gives an excited wave, and jogs her way over, carry-on and all.

   "John!" Kaitlyn squeaks as she practically jumps into his arms (discarding her backpack and carry-on to the ground), "I missed you.."

   Kaitlyn is finally with him. And he's finally holding her tight, with his face pressing into her hair. His strong arms are wrapped around her as they stand in the middle of the mostly empty airport. "I missed you too," he murmurs as he's so happy to enjoy having her here. His chest is filled with delight as all his jitters are gone.

   Nothing around them matters, not the giggles and 'awws' from Kaitlyn's friends/coworkers. They're too caught up into each other, John's hands cupping her cheeks as he looked over her face with a grin, "you look just as beautiful from when I last saw you. Maybe even more."

   "God you've turned soft without me!"

   "You turned me soft in the first place my love." he smiles, brushing stray pieces of her hair behind her ear lovingly. She's leaning in to him for support, eyes closed, and against his chest.