Foreword

The Romance profile started a new prompt contest, 'Trials of Love', in collaboration with several other profiles. My romantic soul couldn't resist.

Whenever I feel inspired by the daily prompts, I will participate and post the result in this book. I hope you'll enjoy the tales of love across star systems, time, age, and species.

1. Cerulean - short story inspired by the BeyondSol prompt (676 words)

Prompt: Two lovers separated by light years. Each from a planet that doesn't accommodate the physiological needs of the other. But love transcends physical boundary, and they can't stand to be apart any longer.

2. A fairy tale in black and white - flash fiction inspired by the MicroBytes prompt (159 words) - WON FIRST PLACE

Prompt: Two people in love, separated by what seems like impossible odds, have to deal with the struggle of being apart. The Microbytes Twist? Your story has to between 101 and 199 words.

3. Obsession - short story inspired by the mystery prompt (1454 words) - CONTEST RUNNER UP

Prompt: The theme for this prompt is obstacles. Something, or someone, is in your way. Whether you are a stalker about to claim your latest victim, or a lover desperately searching for your partner, or a cop on the hunt for the biggest criminal--the goal is always the same: "I will always find you." In 1,500 words, write a one-shot based on the quote under the Mystery genre.

4. Stricken - acrostic double haiku inspired by the CoffeeCommunity prompt (23 words)

Prompt: write an acrostic poem that revolves around the theme of 'obstacles in love' using one of the following words: obstacle, hurdle, problem, barrier, impediment, hindrance, obstruction, barricade, blockade.

5. Unmarked - short story inspired by the anime prompt (1917 words)

Prompt: The red string of fate is the belief that a red string connects two lovers together by fate. Following the string leads you to your future mate. At what lengths will they go in order to reach each other? What will they overcome?

6. Forcing fate - a snarky fairy tale inspired by the WattpadFairyTales prompt (1920 words) - WON FIRST PLACE

Prompt: What obstacles could there be for two lovers in a fairy tale? What could possibly get in the way of their happily ever after?

7. Lucky - a haunting story inspired by the WattpadCreepypasta prompt (509 words)

Prompt: Love can encounter many obstacles, some more serious than others but all of them are there to be dealt with. Now imagine you, or rather your character is the obstacle. The stalker who plots his next move, the ghost who scares all the suitors away, or the creepy thing under your bed which doesn't let you leave.

8. Sunflower - a historical romance story inspired by the historicalfiction historical-romance prompt (905 words)

Prompt: Tell us the tale of two souls who love each other despite the distance between them in the days before electronic communication. How would they overcome the obstacles while staying love with each other?

9. Hell hath no fury - my entry for Round 2 of the Trials of Love by romance (1795 words)

Prompt: You're invited to a wedding where you know your ex is going to be invited too, but here's the thing. He will be accompanied by his new girlfriend, while you're still unhappily single. So how are you going to save face?

10. Little do you know - my second entry for Round 2 of the Trials of Love contest by Romance (486 words)

Prompt: same as above (lucky me has three shots at entering round 2, even thought I'm not sure I'll find inspiration for a third story within the next two days)

11. Kneel - a meeting between strangers

Also - check out my story Eternal Love, first place winner in the Flash Fiction round of Trials of Love, and Commander Mine (in the Hell's Angels collection), which placed third for WattpadAfterDark.

Have fun reading! And keep loving <3