Twenty Two: Thought So

Pandora's blood ran cold in her veins as she was once again consumed by fear

Pandora's blood ran cold in her veins as she was once again consumed by fear. Her heart was beating so rapidly she was sure that they could hear it. Harriet only shrugged, ordering her to be untied and taken below deck. Pandora was shut inside of a cell, Talia;s jar being placed on a shelf on her left.

"It was nice knowing you princess." Harriet said with a shrug. "But I guess I didn't need my mediator after all. I'll deal with you in the morning. And if you try to escape, you'll face severe consequences."

Pandora heard her boots echo through the hull as she walked back up to the deck. Pandora stared at the wall and wondered why she had gotten herself into this mess. She huffed in annoyance, muttering to herself about how there was no way this could get any worse.

"Oh but it can princess." Pandora heard the voice of Harry say. Her heart beated rapidly as the thoughts of loving him returned in a flash. She didn't like them and knew that it would only end with her getting hurt. He didn't love her, he never would. She needed to get that in her head even if her heart didn't want to listen to it, waiting to be broken.

"What do you want?" Pandora asked, raising an eyebrow.

"To talk." Harry said, sitting on a crate outside her cell. "About things."

"About your dream?" Pandora asked. "I don't think I want to hear it."

"I'm sure you do." Harry said. 'I made sure your dream didn't come true. You know how you said I saved you? That doesn't work for me."

"I thought this was about your dream." Pandora said. "Not mine."

"It is." Harry said. "I'm getting to it. Be patient. Anyway I had my sister kidnap you after I told her my dream about you because if there aren't witnesses it never happened."

"I don't know what that means." Pandora said, narrowing her eyes. "Explain."

"No explanations." Harry said, shaking his head and propping his feet on a crate. "None is needed."

Pandora pursed her lips together and furrowed her eyebrows, deep in thought. What would need no explanations? What wouldn't need witnesses? Kidnap. No witnesses. That doesn't work for me. None of that made sense to Pandora. She wanted answers and she wasn't going to get them from him. He wasn't planning on giving her any, leaving her to rack her brain and try to figure out his clues. She wasn't very good at things like that. She liked getting answers right then and there, answers that she understood, answers should could make sense of.

Pandora heard Talia fluttering in her jar, thinking the girl had gone to sleep after her long period without movement. Maybe she was trying to warn Pandora of something but Pandora couldn't tell what. She could barely see Harry in the dimly lit cell, she could barely see Talia. She only saw the glow around her and the glitter that shimmered around her when she moved. She kept pointing to him and making a slashes, as if trying to say he had a weapon. Sam had taken his weapons. He was weaponless as far as Pandora knew,

She couldn't look at him to make sure he did or didn't have a weapon. He would've concealed it if he had. He would have tried to hide it even if she couldn't see it. Now she was worried she would die down here. She didn't want to die here. She needed to get home. She needed to go. She wanted out. She wasn't safe here.

The door to her cell opened as Harry walked in, shutting the door behind him but enough for him to be able to open it later. He sat next to Pandora who had her hands cuffed together by a rope. She wished she'd paid attention when she had been taught how to untie rope from your own hands. All those lessons with her father would have been pretty important right now.

"In my dream." Harry said after a moment of silence. "You said you loved me. Is that true."

Trap, her brain told her. This is a trap.

But still her heart didn't listen.

"Thought so." Harry said, taking her silence as an answer. He came closer to her and Pandora's heart unwittingly fluttered in her chest. His lips brushed hers. "It's a shame really. I don't love you."

Harry picked up an object and twirled it in his hand: a hook. He took it and dug it into Pandora's side. Pandora winced as the blood began oozing out of her side. She was slipping in and out of consciousness.

"You're so naive Pandora." He said. "Thinking that everything would work out for you. Thinking that all your dreams could come true. But this is one that isn't. This was my dream and I changed it even though you were unable to change yours. Why would I ever love you? I have someone I love I don't need you. I'll always hate you Pandora. You're my enemy Pandora. That's all you'll ever be."

Harry got up and left shutting and locking her cell door. Pandora tried to urge herself to stay awake, she couldn't go to sleep. She had to stay awake. Don't go to sleep. She tried long and hard but she knew it was useless. She could feel herself falling asleep, the pain being to unbearable for her to withstand. She could feel herself slipping away.

She felt tears stream down her face. Why had she been so trusting? Why had she believed in something like this? Why had she let her heart be broken again? She'd predicted that much and it seemed heart had been that last to get the memo and realize that loving him wasn't the best idea. That loving him would be dangerous. That loving him would only hurt her in the end. That loving him would cost her everything. And it had.

And that was when Pandora drifted out of consciousness.