31

Dave

I groaned feeling Kim hit my arm. "What?" I pulled the covers over my face. "I'm just tryna nap. Damn."

"Get up. The hospital just called and they said your brother is woke."

"You fucking with me right?" I sat up

"No. Now get up so we can go." She walked out of the room.

I threw the cover off me and jumped up. I put on the first pair of shoes I got to and grabbed my keys. Kim was already downstairs waiting by the door.

After helping her in the car, I got in myself and headed towards the hospital. We arrived quicker than usual. Mainly due to me speeding.

I stood outside of his hospital room for the longest. Honestly, I was scared to go inside.

"It's ok." Kim rubbed my arm and tightened her grip on my hand.

I turned the handle and stepped inside.

"Yerrrrr." My bro called out, seeing me walk in before taking a bite out of a burrito.

"You shittin me?" I laughed loudly. "Nigga how the fuck you get a burrito?"

"Uber eats." He shrugged. "A nigga hungry and hospital food is ass."

"Please tell me you remember what happened." I sat down beside the bed. "Any detail."

He sighed. "It was dark so I don't know who did it or what they looked like. All I know is, they drove off in a red bently and the tag said the rock."

I shook my head and laughed. "Alright." I nodded. "How you feel?"

"I'm good. Just feel like I took a long ass nap. Like when ma used to beat my ass and I cried myself to sleep then woke up to the smell of food." He paused. "But instead, they tried to feed me prison food. They bugging." He took another bite of the burrito.

Queen and my mom came up to the room about 15 minutes after I got there. I stayed for an hour before I headed out.

"You good? You need anything?" I asked Kim as I walked out of the bathroom.

"I'm fine." She looked over at me then back at the tv. "Where you going?"

"Gotta go handle something. I'll be back. Bully downstairs so you good."

"Ok." She nodded

"Gimme kiss." I stood beside the bed.

She poked her lips out but kept her focus on the tv. I kissed her a couple times and left out the room.

"Yo bro, I'm out. I'll hit you on my way back."

"Alright." Bully nodded. "Be safe bro."

"Always." I walked out the house and got into my car.

I pulled out of the driveway and headed towards the bridge to cross over back into New York. I had several spots across the state. Can't keep everything in one location. I also was closing a lot of deals with the local businesses. Gotta keep my shit balanced. I stopped by one of the restaurants that I now partly own.

"Why are you in my kitchen?" I heard Maria's voice behind me

I laughed. "I can't check on my establishment?" I leaned against the counter

"Mhmm." She rolled her eyes

" She rolled her eyes