40

Kim

I sat at the kitchen table and looked through all of my pictures that I had. I smiled looking at the ones I had of Dave and Kairi. She looks so much like him it's ridiculous.

I opened my instagram to post a couple of the pictures.

@_kb : Really the best dad in the world 💙🥺

@clarencenyc : 💯
@queennaija : baby K so cute 😍
@donpablo : the greatest gift I ever had 💙

~~~

I exited out of instagram and walked upstairs. I passed by one of the guest rooms and Queen was laying across the bed looking sad.

"Whats wrong?" I leaned against the door.

"Huh?" She looked over at me

"What's up? You look sad as hell right now?"

"Nothing." She shook her head. "Dave and Clare back yet?"

"Nah. They'll probably be back soon though."

She nodded and went back to scrolling on her phone.

I was about to say something else but Kairi started crying.

"You always so fussy when you wake up." I picked up Kai from out of her crib. "You hungry?" I carried her down to the kitchen. "We're going to try green peas today." I smiled.

We've been introducing new foods to her this last month. We add in a new food each week so we'll be able to tell if she allergic to something. I started with the vegetables first because they tend to be the hardest for them to like. And I know if she got a taste of the fruit first, she wouldn't have wanted any vegetables.

"Daddy's home!" Dave's voice echoed through the house. "Where my babies at?"

"Kitchen!"

I heard his footsteps coming my way. Soon as he turned the corner and Kairi spotted him, she went crazy.

"Dadadadada!" Her eyes lit up and she reached for him

"Daddy's baby." Dave picked her up. "I missed you little butt. You been good for mommy?" He tickled her stomach. "What you eating today? Whatever it is, smells horrible." He fanned his nose and she laughed. "Ya moms can't cook too good so we really gotta wing it." He lowly spoke

"Stop lying to her." I laughed. "Know yo ass eat everything I cook and then some."

"Eh. Out of pity." He shrugged

I nodded. "Watch and see what I cook tonight then."

"Ok chill. I was just playing."

"Yea. Ok."

"Yo, can we talk to ya'll for a minute." Clarence stood at the entrance of the kitchen.

"Yea. Wassup?" Dave asked.