16.

After the encounter in Sebastian's office, where he helped Mia with her twisted ankle, it was safe to say that things were a little awkward between the two.

Sebastian wasn't entirely sure on why he felt this sudden need to help her. It was something that he kept wondering to himself as well.

He mostly put this down to guilt. He didn't actually want her hurt like that and didn't know that would happen, so when it did, he wanted to help her. Besides, if she was hurt, she would be doing her job as his assistant properly. That's all it was. Only a moment of weakness on his part.

Meanwhile, Mia was equally confused by his actions. One minute he was playing tricks on her and the next helping her with her injury. It made no sense to her.

Before she could ponder on his weird behaviour, Mia realised that this was Sebastian. He was probably playing mind games with her and most likely wanted her to be thinking too much on this.

Luckily for them, the weekend came around the next day, and so for two days they didn't have to come across each other. It was needed to alleviate the odd kind of tension they found themselves in - apparently being nice just made things weird between them.

***

It was currently nearing lunchtime, the part of the day Mia especially loved.

Before going on her lunch break, Mia decided to drop off a file for Sebastian in his office. He was still on a call and she'd rather not wait on him to come back. He could end up taking forever and her stomach was on the verge of making some serious whale calls.

She walked into Sebastian's office, file in hand and place it on his desk.

"You. Who are you?"

Mia turned around hearing the voice of a woman, which left her a little startled.

A blonde woman stood in the doorway to the office. Her eyes were narrowed in on Mia, in an accusatory way, as if she as doing wrong by being in here. Mia felt like this woman was someone out of one of Nicole's fashion magazines', very beautiful and tall. Even her clothes seemed like they were straight off the ramp.

"Can I help you?" Mia responded.

She was utterly confused at the unknown woman standing in Sebastian's office. As far as she was aware, there was no meeting scheduled for right now.

The woman looked Mia up and down, as if sizing her up.

"Where's Sebastian?" The woman asked, her tone snappy.

This caused Mia to frown. She barely tolerated Sebastian talking to her rudely and he paid her wages, however she had no obligations to this woman.

"And who might you be?" Mia asked her.

The woman seemed a little taken aback at the way Mia spoke to her.

"His girlfriend," the woman responded with a smirk, as if that title were a real accomplishment to her, something to strive for. She then at glared at Mia. "Who are you?" She asked.

"His assistant," Mia replied.

The woman seemed to have let out a breath at this.