― 02. him

IT'S BEEN a week since the fateful day a man was shot in the Lincoln Center

                        IT'S BEEN a week since the fateful day a man was shot in the Lincoln Center. As quick as it happened it's forgotten about. Even members of the Orchestra put it behind them and moved on; it was the place they practiced and performed after all. No one seem concerned by it for whatever reason. But the one thing Kaitlyn can't forget though, os the man by the name of John. She's still enamored by him and his beauty, and his deep voice that had her entranced. A cute school girl crush on a man she met once, how mature she thinks.

   Kaitlyn Lee is a sweet girl, a young woman who loves her everyday normal life. She's a submissive person, she doesn't like to make decisions, and always goes with the flow. Carefree and having fun, that's what she likes. Her career in music is perfect for her; with plenty of freedom and being able to be surrounded by creative likeminded individuals.

   However, she does have a fiery, adventurous spirit in her that only some gets to see, those who know her well. She doesn't mind the childish ways of misbehaving and stirring the pot (on rare occasions). It's a far deviation from how she normally is, but it still happens in her growing age. Sometimes her thought process seems skewed; her okay with being in situations not always deemed safe- she believes she can take care of herself after all, since she always had to.

   A small girl who hails from South Korea, whose parents are doctors, and their daughter wasn't. That's who she used to be, but now Kyunga Lee (Kaitlyn she decided for University) gets to be herself. Went from a failure because her parents said so; to a success because she said so.

   Kaitlyn shuts the door leading into her apartment building and steps out into the warm Spring sun. She's finally able to wear shorts and a tee shirt, her summer wardrobe can finally be put into affect, and she's happy about that. No more jackets or sweats for a few months; and because of that she skips out onto the sidewalk, stares up at the clear blue sky, and looks around with excitement. She loves New York, there's nothing like living in one of the greatest cities in the world.

   It's 1:30 p.m., rehearsal has ended for the day, and they have a concert tomorrow. Kaitlyn decides to be proactive for once and do her grocery shopping now, rather than Sunday when everyone goes.

   She enjoys going out and walking the streets with the buildings looming over her. As small as they makes her feel, the city is limitless and huge; chances everywhere. She adores it here, she wouldn't want to be anywhere else. Kaitlyn takes her time walking to the shop a few blocks from her place and takes in everything she can. She loves people watching; seeing the world around her because she knows there is more to it than just her.

   A cool blast of AC makes her tiny body shiver in comparison to the heat outside. When Kaitlyn enters the store completely, one of the cash registers waves and calling her name. This is a small family run place which never ceases to have anything she needs. One time she accidentally spent over an hour chatting with the manager about life.