Arthur Morgan: Foolish Part 2

Arthur Morgan X Female Reader

Summary: Arthur takes you up on your offer to meet in the saloon.

Word Count: 1800

You sat in the saloon with a glass in your hand. The afternoon was getting late and Arthur Morgan still hadn't showed up. Maybe you were getting your hopes up, he probably wasn't going to show up because he probably wasn't interested in you. You sighed, giving up on seeing the cowboy again, why did you have to go and like an outlaw? It was stupid. But you decided to finish your drink before heading home.

You tipped back your glass and placed it down on the bar before turning to stand up. "Sorry I'm late" Arthur's voice rang through your ears as you looked up at him, a slightly surprised expression on your face.

"Oh...it's okay, do you want a drink?" you asked with a smile as you turned back to face the bar. You definitely weren't leaving now.

"I would love one" Arthur smiled as he sat down beside you. He insisted on paying the bartender for the drinks and you let him, laughing slightly to yourself. What a gentleman.

"How is Beau? Penelope told me that he tried to speak with his cousins" you asked him, trying to make some casual conversation. The atmosphere was a little different now that you were having a friendly drink instead of leading a women's march and then being saved from Beau's moron cousins.

"Yeah, he tried to talk to them but I got him away. He is fine but I haven't seen him since yesterday" Arthur told you with a small shrug.

"Let me guess, he paid you so your job is done?" you asked, recalling what Arthur had told you. Something along the lines of him 'just doing a job'.

"Exactly, you learn quick" Arthur chuckled slightly as he looked at you.

"I know" you smirked, holding your glass up towards him.

Arthur clinked his glass against yours before you both took a drink. The pair of you shared a few drinks, enjoying casual but pleasant conversation. You would admit to yourself that the alcohol was helping you gain a little confidence. It's not like you thought that Arthur was any sort of real threat to you but he still had you a little nervous, you just weren't completely sure if it was because he is an outlaw or if it was something else.

After a few drinks, the both of you were a little tipsy. You were both definitely more relaxed than before.

"Alright Arthur, tell me something. Anything...a story from your time as an outlaw" you smiled, leaning on the bar and looking up at him expectantly.

"Ah, you don't want to hear any of that" Arthur shook his head, turning his attention to his glass instead of you.

"Yes I do. Please?" you pouted teasingly but he didn't seem to change his mind. "Oh Arthur, I have lived such a sheltered life, please tell me a story from your life living outside of the law" you pleaded in a playfully dramatic way, making Arthur laugh to himself as he looked down into his glass.

"Fine, fine....let me think" he hummed and you smiled at him, knowing that you had won.

Arthur eventually remembered a story that he could tell you, that wasn't too bad or too graphic but might entertain you. Actually, he ended up telling you multiple stories and he even told you about some members of the gang he runs with. Arthur had only decided to tell you so much before you seemed so interested in his stories, and he loved the way that you were looking at him, laughing along with his anecdotes, and asking questions about his life.

"Must be so exciting" you thought out loud, resting your chin on your hand as you tilted your head at him.

"I wouldn't call it exciting but it's never boring" Arthur shrugged, taking a sip of his drink.