(5): Nathan's Surprise

"There she is. That's the girl"

Why is this girl pointing at me? And why does she look so familiar? I furrow my eyebrows watching her and Betty gossip about me right in front of my face. Finally they make their way over to me.

"So you live with Kyle now?" Betty asks obnoxiously. And then I remember how I know that girl she's walking with. She's the one who was at our apartment the other day after her adventure with the boy at topic.

"Yes since you decided to be snitch and get us kicked out" I retort "And Kyle was more than willing to give me a place to stay after. I guess I should thank you"

I'm only saying this to spite her because I know she has a huge crush on him.

"Why would Kyle want to live with you of all
people" She sneers looking disgusted at me.

I ignore her, focusing my eye to her little friend "Oh hey Layla. Fancy meeting you again"

I called her Layla on purpose.

"I swear to God!" She screeches grabbing her hair. I did not miss that voice "I know that you know that my name is Lisa, and not fucking Layla"

I snort "Whatever. What do you guys want anyways?"

"Nothing. I just wanted to see if the rumors are true" Betty answers stepping closer to me "And just because you live with him now doesn't mean you have some sort of claim over him, are we clear?"

I roll my eyes "Hate to break it to you sweetheart, but you don't have a claim on him either. Just because he's slept with the both of you. He probably doesn't even remember your name"

She flashes me the middle finger and I pretend to be offended "You won't be his roommate for much longer. I can guarantee you that"

And with that they both walk away. I wonder what she has up her sleeves. She's always up to no good. This other time she tried to break me and Noah up but it obviously didn't work.

"What was that about?" My best friend asks when she finally reaches me. She probably saw the whole thing.

"Those two warning me against Kyle" I answer in a bored tone "Don't they know I have a boyfriend?"

"That's never stopped anyone from hooking up with the infamous Kyle Chambers" She informs me shrugging "Anyways cancel all your plans for tomorrow  cause you're coming with me"

"To?" I raise a brow.

"So Nathan has been going on about how he wants to tell me something but instead he sent an address and said I should go there tomorrow" She says "So as my best friend, it's your duty to come with me incase it's something I won't like"

"What if I don't like it?" I ask skeptically.

"Then we'll both leave"

I bite the inside of my cheeks thoughtfully "I don't know, Kat, why won't he just tell you?"

"I've already tried to get him to. This is the only choice. Come on, please!"

I sigh "Fine fine. Is Noah coming?"

"He says he's busy" She tells me softly, probably knowing I won't take the news well "Sorry. I'll do my best to keep your mind off him"

"Yeah" I trail off.

So the rest of the week went by pretty fast. Kyle and I haven't spoken much since our little conversation the other day, just hi's and by's. Well and the occasional threats of him kicking me out if I do anything stupid. And him reminding me of rule number 2 whenever I try to talk to him, which states that I can't speak to him unless he speaks to me first.