(9): Defeated

"Will you stop being so fucking stubborn and get in?" Kyle snaps for the third time. He's been driving next to me trying to persuade me to get into his Audi.

"I'm perfectly fine walking" I reply trying to pick up my speed, but who am I kidding? I'll
never be faster than a freaking car. Especially that one.

"I swear to God" He groans.

I sigh loudly "Fine. Fine" And then he stops the car and I get in. I sit down grumpily with my arms crossed in front of the seat belt.

"I'm not the one you should be mad at" He tells me, glancing slightly at my bratty act.

"Shh" I tell him. I really don't want to talk to anyone right now.

I see him shrug before he picks up the speed of the car. Suddenly I wonder what it would feel like being the passenger at one of his drag racing competitions. It must be fun.

I notice him pass Cottage Hill and I narrow my eyes at him "Where are we going?"

"To the gym"

"What? Why?" I hiss annoyed "You could've just dropped me off"

"I don't trust you to be alone when you're like that"

I breathe to calm down "Like what?"

"You know? All emotional and shit" He replies and I can't help but giggle. He looks surprised that I did but doesn't say anything.

"What do you think I'm gonna do? Commit suicide?"

He glances at me "Well, will you?"

"No, Kyle" I laugh shaking my head "At least not over an idiot like Nathan and my so called boyfriend"

"Okay, good" He replies "If anyone or anything is going to kill you, it has to be me"

"Does this mean you'll drop me off at the apartment?" I ask ignoring his previous statement "I really don't want to be around sweaty people"

"I'm already 5 minutes away. I can't go back now"

Great.

Since I can't do anything now, I decide to stop groaning and complaining, and embrace the fact that Kyle showed some signs of caring about my well-being. Maybe I'm growing on him. Just like how he is on me.

"Let's go" I don't even notice we've parked.

I open the door after he does and follow him into the gym. From the outside, it's large so I can imagine how it must look on the inside.

Finally we work in and my eyes momentarily widen. Woah, it's niceee. There are all kinds of gym machines you can imagine, a big and long ass swimming pool. I can see what I think is a yoga studio because of all the mats and those big, large rubber balls. There are about 3 stories.

"Woah, this is nice" I breathe looking around.

"Yeah" He agrees looking unaffected. He's probably used to it. He starts to walk somewhere and I follow him. The whole time I'm just looking around in awe. There aren't that many people here but I'm guessing it's always full in the morning.

I'm stopped by a snort from Kyle "What?" I ask confused.

"You're following me into the men's room" He replies amused. I look around and notice a male sigh right behind me and almost blush in embarrassment. At least I didn't actually open the door "I have to change. I'll be right out"

I nod, quickly walking out of the male corridor and just wait for him outside. I can't help but feel like I want to try out a few of these machines. I can't though, because I'm wearing jeans and I know that would be very uncomfortable.