(10): Calling A Truce

"Oh no. What's wrong?" Kat asks alarmed when she sees my teary and distraught face.

"Noah" I hiccup not being able to say further.

She opens the door for me so I can enter and I collapse on what I think is her bed as she rubs soothing circles on my back.

"What happened?" She asks softly.

Thank goodness Nathan isn't here.

"He b-b-broke up with me" I sob helplessly, looking at her.

Her eyes widen in rage "He did what?"

I sniff "Well he said he wanted to take a break. But I could see in his eyes that it was over, Kat. I don't know what to do"

She hugs me tightly "I'm so sorry"

I wipe the tears from my face after a good 10 minutes of just sobbing, sitting up right on the bed "Why'd you tell him about the drag racing? He brought that up"

"I couldn't lie to him, Chelsea. He's my best friend" She defends "He asked where we were on Saturday since you refused to tell him"

"I'm your best friend too" I hiss bitterly "You didn't tell me that he was at Cuba. I know for a fact that Nathan was with you"

She opens and closes her mouth like a fish out of water "He wasn't doing anything wrong"

"Oh and I was?"

"I didn't say that" She spits "Listen you didn't ask me. He did. So I'm sorry if you feel like I betrayed you or something like that"

I shake my head "It doesn't even matter"

"It's been hard for me to be there for the both of you in this situation" She says softly "I'm sorry if I disappointed you guys"

"It's fine" I smile tightly, sniffing "I don't want to lose you too"

"You didn't lose Noah, okay" She tries to scold but I just shrug "He loves you. And I think this break will do you guys good."

"Maybe"

She kisses my forehead "Netflix and ice cream?"

I can't help but grin giddily "Yes please"

She opens the mini fridge and takes out a huge 2 liter Ben and Jerry's ice cream tube. She grabs two spoons, switches on the laptop and logs onto Netflix and then drapes a soft blanket around the two of us.

"Any suggestions" She asks me.

"Can we rewatch 'The Kissing Booth'" I reply sheepishly. I don't know how many times I've made her watch it with me.

She sighs but forces a smile "Anything for you"

***

"Ouch! My eyes!" Kat and I scream at the same time.

We are greeted by a surprised looking Nathan as he examines us. We were sitting in the dark watching back to back movies for God knows how long until suddenly Nathan walked in and switched on the lights.

"Uhh, what are you guys doing?" He asks curiously after we've finished adjusting to the very bright light.

"Watching a movie. As you can see"

Kat points a finger at me warningly "We were having a movie marathon"

"Oh" He mutters shrugging.

"What time is it?" I ask him.

He takes out his phone before answering "Almost 9pm"

What? We've been watching movies for 6 entire hours.