fifteen

... continuing.

Kaycee came down the stairs and found Sean sitting on her couch — elbows were resting on his thighs, hands clasped, frown on his forehead, eyes fixed on the coffee table right in front of him and mind miles away.

It took him a few good minutes to notice her there. "Oh, hi."

"Hi." She said. "Sorry for the wait, she took longer than I expected to sleep."

That was a lie and he could tell she was lying by the red nose and watery eyes, she cried therefore why she stayed longer upstairs.

"it's alright." He said as she walked and sat beside him — a very awkward silence was installed. "I should probably leave, right? So you can rest."

"Is that you asking if I want you to stay or are you saying that you wanna go?" She asked, straightforward.

"That's me..." He sighed, running his hand through his fringe before finally resting his back against the couch — his face looking at the ceiling. "I just don't know what I should do now, kayc."

She sighed too, getting closer to him and resting her body like his — arms touching. "I don't know it either."

In a motion of courage, she enlaced her arm on his, sliding her hand until their hands were intertwined — fingers interlocked as her head found his shoulder to rest. "But can you just stay for tonight?"

He looked down at her for a second before giving a kiss on her forehead. "Sure."

And then neither of them knew how it happened exactly but they ended up falling asleep on the couch, on each other's arms and that was how they woke up. It took her a second to notice that she was laying on his chest, but that was until his scent invade her and she felt his arm around her waist — his back against the couch, his arm around her, and their legs were caught on each other.

She took the moment to just look at him for a second, something she didn't get to do at all the last time they woke up together — he was sleeping peacefully, looking relaxed as if nothing worried him in his sleep.

Before he could wake up she slid herself out of his arms, and headed to the kitchen — it was around seven so her daughter was still sleeping, Kaycee took the opportunity to make breakfast. Nothing too crazy, just some regular toast and eggs.

He woke up a few minutes later, he had breakfast with her and Jia and then he said he needed to leave, Julian and Sean had a meeting to finally get the place they bought to be their studio — they didn't talk about the night before or how they slept in each other's arms, they didn't talk about DNA test or the possibility of Jia being his daughter. They just ate breakfast together and said goodbye.

For the rest of the week, Kaycee ignored every single text from Gabe about the DNA test — but then she couldn't escape when he sent to her house all the documents she needed to sign, and a date scheduled for them to meet in a random lab.

"What am I supposed to do?" She asked while she was sitting in the backyard of her family house, with her mother. "I really don't know what to do, mom."

She pulled Kaycee to a side hug, comforting her daughter. "I know you don't want to put Jia in this mess but he's in his right to want a DNA test, and it will be better to do this volunteering than having to face a judge."

"You think he would do that? Go for a judge?" She asked.

"I don't know, honey, but I know that he can if he wants." Answered Laura as the other sighed, sitting straight.