Chapter 48

Bonus Update: Thank you for 8k reads and also "Beautiful You" book was ranked #5 in badboy😭 thank you ❤️

Liana

I was not interested in watching a movie or calling for food as Oliver suggested. I went to that specific room that Oliver had design for me to do my comic work. I decided to do something, specifically for someone-Oliver.

When there was a knock, I hid my work in between the many sheets and looked at the door, Oliver peeped in and said, "Finally, I see you here. I always imagined you working here."

"Sure, you will be seeing that a lot more often."

"I would love that." He said.

"How was the meeting?" I asked.

"Definitely interesting, for the first time- he agreed with my ideas."

"That's a first." I said.

"We both agree that you should move here." Before I can interrupt he said, "Temporary, until you decide to officially move in here. "

"What about Mia? Will she be safe?"

"Grayson and she is having a talk like I said before and maybe she is planning to move back to NYC."

"Are you kidding me?" I said. "What is her university studies? A joke? She just transferred to a new school."

"She applied to be back in NYU" Oliver said. "She have good grades and record and NYU accepted it, but they said that her back and forth can bring her into some trouble, but since she applied for a different program, she is considered a new student.

"She didn't even say anything to me." I was disappointed and upset.

"She is an adult and she is old enough to make her own decision." He reminded.

"She should have shared it with me about how she felt."

"I agree, but maybe you should listen to her thoughts first."

"I definitely will." I said.

"Grayson will take care of her in NYC."

"Hmm." I said as I stood up and looked at the time. It was 7:16 pm.

"Let's go." He said as he took my hand.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"It's still our date night, remember? Although it is late, but I will try to keep it special."

"You always do things that is special." I said.

"I am glad to hear that." He winked at me. "I tried really hard this time, considering the last moment plans, but that's an excuse."

"Whatever you do, I am always happy about it."

"I appreciated that, but I want to make it so special, that you will never forget."

I smiled, he led me to a room filled with candles and in the middle of the room was a table with foods and more candles.

"No way." I said.

"Anything for you, baby." He smiled and handed me a bouquet of flowers.

He helped me sit on my chair, someone entered and greeted us and pour wines in our glass and then soft background music was played. As we were eating our dinner, I sat up straight, ready to find out about his life and childhood life and he said,

"You can ask me anything." He looked up and I smiled, sheepishly.

"How is your mom and dad? What are they like?"

"Skip." He said nonchalantly. "Next question."

I was not really expecting that, but seeing how he doesn't speak of his parents. I should have expected that.

"I don't want to ruin our night with my behaviour, just because you are curious."

"I am sorry." I apologize.

"Don't." He said, "The one who should be apologizing is not even trying." He shake his head disapprovingly.

"I am sorry." I said.

"Don't worry." He give me a small smile and said nothing after that. Our dinner became a silent one as he ate looking thoughtful and frowned a couple of time.

"Maybe, we should call it a night." I said to him after seeing maybe he needed a little time to think.

"Why?" He frowned. "Are you okay?"

"All fine." I said. "I thought you needed a little time away to think through something."

"I have a lot of things in mind and one of them is how to keep you to myself tomorrow."

"What?" I asked surprised.

"Everyone is coming over tomorrow." He said. "I would love you to spend time with your family, but also I want you to myself."

I laughed. "You are jealous?"

"I was kidding, I want you to spend time with your family. They are meeting you after a long time. I am just trying to think of how to explain to your family. I could not even look after you." 

"Hey, it's not your fault." I said taking his hand. "And I am not the child."

"I am this close to breaking law and finding that piece of sh*t by myself."He said breathing angrily.

"We will find that person, don't worry."

"I have to worry." He muttered.

I got out from my chair and pulled him out of his chair.

"What are you doing?" He asked.

"We are going to dance."

He shake his head as he pulled me by my waist. My arms wrapped around his neck, which his was on my waist as we moved around the room. He made sure, his hands are not touching my injured spot.

"You make me do the weirdest thing ever, one minute I am angry about something and next I am all happy because of you. I can't never ever get angry with you, remember that, okay?"

"We will see." I said, my eyes sparkling.

"Whatever situation you may have been, I was angry about the situation and the people around you and not you. You give me those adorable smiles and eyes, that I cannot get mad at you." He huffed.

I put my ear to his chest to hear his heart beat.

"See, you do these adorable things and expect me to not fall for you?"

I laughed along with him, "This day is not ending badly, is it?" I asked.

"Everyday with you is so meaningful." He said and kissed the top of my head as we danced around the room with music playing in the background and the lights from the candles making our night brighter.

Author's Note: Thank you for reading this book, please give it a Vote and share this book with others. Your supports means a lot to me. Thank you so much once again! Next update is tomorrow.