29 - irl

Ava's POV:

Ava's POV:

I take a deep breath and try to calm myself.

I'm finally about to tell Alex about Ruel and I. I'm honestly terrified. He could either be chill about it or really mad.

I guess there's only one way to find out.

I lightly knock on his door. A few seconds later it's pulled open and my brother appears. He raises an eyebrow. "What's up?"

I play with the end of my oversized shirt nervously. "Can we talk?"

He looks confused but nods. I step through the door and walk over to his bed.

"Is everything okay..." He asks slowly, as I try to think of how i'm going to tell him. "Ava?" He says when I don't answer.

I finally look up at him. "So, you know how Ruel and I have talked a lot over instagram?"

"Yeah, why?" Alex asks with his eyebrows furrowed.

I close my eyes and whisper my next words. "We're kind of...dating."

I don't hear anything for a good ten seconds and decide to look at him. His jaw is clenched and he looks mad.

"What the fuck Ava?"

Yep definitely mad.

I stand up from his bed. "I don't understand what's so bad about it!"

He laughs sarcastically. "I've told you a thousand times not to get with any of my friends. What don't you understand about that?"

I stay quiet and feel tears form in my eyes. I'm way too sensitive for my own good.

"When? How?" He questions.

I gulp. "W-Well the last time he was over he heard me singing. I told him about my stage fright and he offered to help me. I've been going to his rehearsals for the past couple weeks."

Alex scoffs. "And why would you do that?"

"I'm performing with him at his next show."

His eyes widen. "You're what?! No you're not. Mom and dad would never let you."

I shake my head. "They already know about it."

His confusion turns back to a glare. "You're unbelievable you know that? You go behind my back with my best friend and then you lie to me, what a great sister you are."

Suddenly I feel angry. He has no right to come at me like this.

"I'm a better sibling than you'll ever be! You don't support me in anything! Not in singing or in my relationships. Why can't you just let me be happy for once?"

"That's because you don't have any talent! Singing will get you nowhere Avalyn! And obviously relationships aren't your thing either." He yells, stepping closer. He used my full name and that's how I know he's serious.

I attempt to hold back the tears but they slip. "Thank you Alex, so much, it's good to know how you really feel." I say quietly before walking past him, intentionally bumping into his shoulder on the way out.

I quickly wipe away the tears and head back into my room.

And I thought I was the dramatic one.

I decide to update Ruel on how it went.

ava
he hates me

ruel
who? alex?

ava
yep, we got into a big argument. that never happens with us.

ruel
he'll get over it love, he has to. you're his family.

ava
what about you? if that was his reaction with me then yours is bound to be worse.

ruel
i can deal with him, don't worry.

ruel
hey, you're not having second
thoughts right?

ava
no, definitely not. i just hope he calms down a bit so we can talk more

ruel
i'm sure he will

ruel
are you ready for the show next weekend?

ava
ready, but nervous. you've helped a lot though, so thank you <3

ruel
of course av<3

ava
i'm gonna finish some schoolwork, i'll call you later though

ruel
sounds good :)